Kickstarter Projects

Started by Shadowrunner, June 28, 2013, 19:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

CD gutted. I was hoping for the Hu card also.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Shadowrunner

Six days to go for Saber Rider and they're still short about $23,000. Hopefully there's a big push in the last few days and it gets funded. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sa ... video-game

I posted about this in the DC thread a couple weeks ago, and now it's on KS and it's already funded even!

http://kck.st/1KF7ix4

This is another one for the Dreamcast and it's a Bomberman style of game. If you go for the collector edition you get a second disc with it that includes a retro version of the game plus a platformer game. Needles to say I will be backing this :113:

zapiy

Have you already checked out our promotional demo for Sega Dreamcast? Just use it in NullDC or burn it to a CD-R. Get the demo here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fvlannhkl6a4 ... M50ka?dl=0
We have also a Limited Dreamcast Edition of Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs as Kickstarter reward. This LE costs $99 and is limited to 200 copies and only available on Kickstarter. 41 are already taken. Please support us too. Thank you very much. http://kck.st/1WWmbEH

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "zapiy"Have you already checked out our promotional demo for Sega Dreamcast? Just use it in NullDC or burn it to a CD-R. Get the demo here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fvlannhkl6a4 ... M50ka?dl=0
We have also a Limited Dreamcast Edition of Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs as Kickstarter reward. This LE costs $99 and is limited to 200 copies and only available on Kickstarter. 41 are already taken. Please support us too. Thank you very much. http://kck.st/1WWmbEH

Yeah I upped my pledge to the LE, really hope this gets funded!

TrekMD

I'm supporting the LE as well.  This one is going to cut it very close.  There's a saying in Mexico..."por un pelo de rana calva."  By the hair of a bald frog.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

Less than $10,000 to go for Saber Rider and 3 days left.

Also from the Watermelon email:

QuoteOther News
Also, we've got some extra exciting news (more Dreamcast games!). WaterMelon is supporting and is going to help publish Saber Rider Team's new game, "Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs" for the Sega Dreamcast.

sunteam_paul

Quote from: "zapiy"CD gutted. I was hoping for the Hu card also.

Having a PCE without a CD drive is like watching Star Wars and not seeing The Empire Strikes Back  :4:

Putting this on Huey would mean such dramatic cuts to the game that CD is really the only way to go.

TrekMD

Saber Rider is funded!  Just got the email notification.  Still about 60 hours to go so they are trying to go for the stretch goals now.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

sunteam_paul

Quote from: "TrekMD"Saber Rider is funded!  Just got the email notification.  Still about 60 hours to go so they are trying to go for the stretch goals now.  :)

Yay.

I better clear my schedule now, got a lot of work ahead of me!

zapiy

Shadowrunner

I see the Power of PS1 documentary is back on Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/10 ... escription

This is the second time he's tried to do this so hopefully he has better luck this time, although judging by the amount of pledges in the first day it's not looking good. I think the main problem with this is that nobody knows who this guy is. He's supposedly been in the industry for nearly 30 years but I've never heard of him before. I think he needs to get someone who worked for Sony in the 90's to help pitch this.

@Greyfox Did you sort out your issue with this?

Greyfox

no pal, I didn't so I can't condone anybody here to support this project, after months and months of producing potential content , design and concept only to be declined when quote was given which is fair enough, business is business I understand that, but to then have the mockup and concerted directly copied by somebody else to whom they hired only leads to one conclusion of Jonathan Beales had no intention of hiring my services, but rather blatantly suggest that I volunteered the work for free, although I've never met him personally or know him personally other that a gentleman's handshake took advantage of my status.

His background in the video game market place, is not any form of trusting creditials to support this kick starter, from my cosponsoring with the guy, he believes that he has done nothing wrong or improper regard deliberately copying my design style in a less excellence.

I will add the image here to show others exactly what my argument was, but after one day of the project running only has 15  backers must mean something considering his continuous bombardment on twitter. And also to let others know that this is his third attempt on this project failing twice before under "Game Changer" and a previous kikckstarter namely "Retro Gaming" both failed to get any awareness or funding.

compared to what else is being done at moment this will need to be highly well done, and with what I've seen as an editor of film and TV is not exactly setting the world on fire.

I have added the image to show the what they have done with my design and concept, but since has drop the "Power of Ps1" and changed it to a simple black text, but kept it in the Kickstarter promo video at the end.
[align=center:3nqjdhxe][/align:3nqjdhxe]

Shadowrunner

Yeah I saw the images on Twitter and he's clearly copying your work. It's Unfortunate he didn't try to work with you, would have benefited him.

Greyfox

I've added the image for everyone interested to see the comparison here, also to mention there wasn't even an apology for wasting my time, efforts, just pure ignorance to the whole thing (We did nothing wrong). I don't wish Jonathan any back luck or comeback, but I won't be dealing with anybody's else work, concept without payment for work rendered before hand or stop altogether with offering my services to such individuals as this is about the 4th time I've been stung for being fair and honest.

So back the project if you feel it's worth the effort, but be warned they have ran into time frame issues continuously which could result in delays in receiving your product from Jonathan Beales, he lives in own world of everything working out right and as expected.

zapiy

It's a shame as I liked the guy but to see this happen has concerned me enough to not back or support it at the moment. Working with GF may have been the best option for him but sadly that bridge is burnt. See what happens I guess.