Xbox Classic thread

Started by WiggyDiggyPoo, April 22, 2014, 14:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WiggyDiggyPoo

"xbox" and "job lot" are two great search terms on eBay. If you dont mind duping on the odd thing there's some big collections out there for not much....

stonemonkeylives

I found that too, any duplicates I take to my local retro game shop for store credit [emoji16]

TrekMD

And just how much credit do you get?  Can't be much, would be my guess.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

stonemonkeylives

It depends on the game and it's state, as would be expected. But it's not too bad, the owner tends to be fair about his offers, especially if your a regular customer.

TrekMD

That's good.  I can see some of the stores here giving me pennies for those games.

stonemonkeylives

Keep hold of them, if there's a resurgance of interest in the XBox in 10 or so years, like there has been for the SNES and Sega Mega Drive at the moment, they could be worth a few more pennies [emoji12]

Lorfarius

Very likely as well! I Remember back in the mid 90's when you could pick up the rare (today) NES carts for a couple of quid for absolutely ages. Now they have sky rocketed.

TrekMD

So buy Xbox now to sell later!  :)

Lorfarius

Too late, already picked one up last week  :P Someone had a spare modded one going and let me have it. Spent most of last week hunting down games, mostly been playing Morrowind.

Akuza

I loved Crimson sea

Brilliant game, like an early mass effect (obviously not the scale of mass effect but in play style)
Currently collecting:- PC Engine, mastersystem, mega drive and CDi.

TrekMD

I'll check out some videos on that game.  :)

TrekMD

Just saw this.  Very cool and unique!  Only 3 orange Xbox units were made and only one has the Halo logo.

[align=center:1nc6wf9t]http://youtu.be/v9UbxjIIL-M[/align:1nc6wf9t]

stonemonkeylives

That's sweet, annoying things like this are a near impossibility of finding the wild here in the UK, so jealous of you guys across the pond sometimes.

Akuza

Yeah I literally finished watching that video and it came up that it was posted in here haha

It's rather cool though that the guy who created it showed all the creation process and verified that it's real for the guy.
Currently collecting:- PC Engine, mastersystem, mega drive and CDi.

TrekMD

It's remarkable he found this at a yard sale and only paid $50 for it given how unique and rare that console is.  I guess the seller didn't know what they had.