Zaku for Lynx... any word?

Started by dcultrapro, April 10, 2012, 16:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcultrapro

Hey guys, I was REALLY tempted to get this recently but they appear to still be out of stock, anyone bought this? And if so how was it? I loved the looks of it but I won't pay ebay prices if it comes up lol

Does anyone know if they are still working on this or not?

http://www.zaku-lynx.com/
Ultrapro on xbox live

TL

I never got the chance to buy this either as I was totally skint at the time. I really regret it now though.

They intially promised the game would be made as long as there was demand.

They then changed their mind and said thy would do a second run after the release of Pier Solar on the Megadrive.

We are STILL waiting  . . . . >:(

zapiy

God i love this place, i must have been living under a rock all these years lol..

Never knew about this one either lol.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

dcultrapro

lol really? yeah man I was proper psyched when I read about this, Laird knows where I saw it, but I emailed them months ago and they were like "we will get more in stock SOON" I now understand it was a pretty loose estimate lol
Ultrapro on xbox live

DreamcastRIP

I bought this game at the time of release. :)

Extremely professional product - the box, cart and manual.

Gorgeous visuals and an all-round good (not necessarily great) shmup that's definitely worth owning for any Lynx owner keen on shmups.
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

zapiy

Certainly one i shall watch out for.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

dcultrapro

GOOD NEWS!! I just got an email today from the company that created Zaku and apparently its back in stock so I have just ordered mine... looking forward to playing this one!
Ultrapro on xbox live

TL

Quote from: "dcultrapro"GOOD NEWS!! I just got an email today from the company that created Zaku and apparently its back in stock so I have just ordered mine... looking forward to playing this one!

Nice! I will have to go have a look on the site!

zapiy

Just put this in my birthday wish list.

dcultrapro

I got an email friday saying it was dispatched, will let you guys know when it finally arrives and what I think! can't wait!!

incidentally... does anyone know of a way to capture gameplay from the lynx properly? or is a case of emulator or nothing? also I don't actually know how to capture video on screen on my pc... hows that done?
Ultrapro on xbox live

TL

Quote from: "dcultrapro"I got an email friday saying it was dispatched, will let you guys know when it finally arrives and what I think! can't wait!!

incidentally... does anyone know of a way to capture gameplay from the lynx properly? or is a case of emulator or nothing? also I don't actually know how to capture video on screen on my pc... hows that done?

Yes Emulator or nothing, most emulators have a record function built in.

dcultrapro

that is super sucky!! I might just do some vids of my handhelds where I film the screen lol
Ultrapro on xbox live

TL

Quote from: "dcultrapro"that is super sucky!! I might just do some vids of my handhelds where I film the screen lol

That's what I have done with mine, it's not easy!

TL

If you go to this thread here you can ask the publishers some questions!

dcultrapro

got my copy and my new adapter yesterday! the damn adapter that I had broke, its 3rd pin snapped as its made of cheap plastic lol...

so I played some Zaku quickly and so far it looks really nice I'm just not sure on how to play it 100% yet, it seems pretty hard so far, I think I got to the first boss

The other thing I noticed was the intro music was rather dodgy... but other than that it seems pretty good so far
Ultrapro on xbox live