Quote from: Cryptic33 on January 30, 2019, 16:47:18 PM
Oops, sorry Shadowrunner, I did a smite, I thought it said smile 😐

LOL Don't worry about it.

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TrekMD

Cryptic33

Great series. There were a number of titles mention that I’ve never heard of and how on earth he managed that level of research is amazing. Very nice to see a number of good games were due on CD and this is the first time I’ve fully understood the J00x references. Thanks Trek, love it.
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

TrekMD

I know.  The titles they had planned could have made a difference had they been released.  It is truly unfortunate.  I do also wonder how he is finding out all of this!  Good he is, though!

TrekMD

Here is the third video.  I'm amazed at how many titles got cancelled!

Cryptic33

I’m really into this series. It is fascinating just how much development was going on during the Jaguar’s short commercial life. I remain amazed at how and why some developers to this day refuse to talk about the Jaguar. What a crazy world video gaming is. Thanks for posting Trek 👍🏻
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

TrekMD

I agree with you.  Truly amazing to see all these titles that were in development.  That Conan game looked awesome and it did show off what the system could pull off when programmed properly.  It's unfortunate the code was lost.

Cryptic33

Quote from: TrekMD on March 02, 2019, 12:52:51 PM
I agree with you.  Truly amazing to see all these titles that were in development.  That Conan game looked awesome and it did show off what the system could pull off when programmed properly.  It's unfortunate the code was lost.
So much of the Jaguar’s history is unfortunate. I understand all the competition, secrecy, espionage etc back in the 90’s but why so much is still held back after all these years is beyond me. If only I were a millionaire, I’d change the face of gaming history forever 🙈

zapiy

The Conan game looks awesome but I am suspect of that, That game looks a league above anything ever seen on the Jag, its missing so surely you have to question the authenticity?

As for the rest of that video, its great, I need to make contact with the creator, and I will be renewing some old interviews to cover some of the content in this video.

All over interviews will be done in the name of preservation from now on.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Cryptic33

Quote from: zapiy on March 03, 2019, 10:13:38 AM
The Conan game looks awesome but I am suspect of that, That game looks a league above anything ever seen on the Jag, its missing so surely you have to question the authenticity?

As for the rest of that video, its great, I need to make contact with the creator, and I will be renewing some old interviews to cover some of the content in this video.

All over interviews will be done in the name of preservation from now on.

I’ve seen the Conan footage before and some discussion on it. Personally, I don’t like it and I fail to see what is so system pushing about it, but then I like shiny graphics if you follow my meaning. Soul Star for example, is much more appealing to me. I would be very interested in any conversation you manage to have with him as he seems to be a great researcher.

TrekMD

I'd be curious to know more about that Conan game.  It looks like nothing else in the system but that may just be because the team behind it knew how to take advantage of the hardware.  After all, not many Jaguar games did.

Cryptic33

Quote from: TrekMD on March 03, 2019, 20:37:37 PM
...but that may just be because the team behind it knew how to take advantage of the hardware.  After all, not many Jaguar games did.
That’s very true. Some of the best looking games are all down to the programming.

TrekMD

Rayman is among the best games on the system when it comes to visuals.  It has more colors and even detail than many of the other versions.  Conan may have been another excellent example of what the big cat could do. 

Cryptic33

Quote from: TrekMD on March 03, 2019, 21:38:54 PM
Rayman is among the best games on the system when it comes to visuals.  It has more colors and even detail than many of the other versions.  Conan may have been another excellent example of what the big cat could do. 
Indeed, in fact Rayman on the Jaguar used more than twice the colour palette used on the Playstation. I’ve read of others who think Conan could have been amazing on the Jag. Just a shame there isn’t more footage.