Author Topic: The Atari Jaguar Thread  (Read 151075 times)

Offline Saturn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://jaysmith2000.ipbhost.com/index.php?s=c827a7b611daaaf555722b332b1b9a2c&act=idx
Re: The Atari Jaguar Thread
« Reply #960 on: July 26, 2018, 04:01:06 AM »
I do, that's exceptional.
I bought parts from Danny a few years back for the rapid fire mod but still have them sitting unused in the box. Sure wish he still made them instead of selling the kit. I have a couple of rapid fire controllers from Songbird from 2004 but hoped to one day put this together. The xbox stick alone is amazing on yours but having it lit up like that is phenomenal.
Great score :D

Offline Cryptic33

• View Profile
« Reply #961 on: August 06, 2018, 20:26:18 PM »
Ok, this may seem a bit random but I thought I would share all the same. I saw a post last week in a Facebook group of an interesting article in an old magazine about the iconic A v P game. It was reported as being a Guinness World Record so I just registered and did a search of their records:

For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

Online TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: August 06, 2018, 21:04:35 PM »
Well, that is cool! 
Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline Cryptic33

• View Profile
« Reply #963 on: August 06, 2018, 21:41:24 PM »
Well, that is cool!
Thanks, that’s what I thought. It makes a change to see something Jaguar related that was a world first. Very cool 😎
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

Online TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: August 06, 2018, 23:13:49 PM »
Absolutely!  And it hardly gets mentioned despite being a first for the console.

Offline Cryptic33

• View Profile
« Reply #965 on: August 07, 2018, 20:54:21 PM »
Absolutely!  And it hardly gets mentioned despite being a first for the console.
It will get mentioned by me whenever I get the chance 😝 I enjoy educating the unenlightened 😉

Online TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: August 08, 2018, 02:36:01 AM »
LOL  Isn't it fun?!

Online TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: January 20, 2019, 22:36:49 PM »
I wanted to share this video of unreleased games for the system...

Offline Cryptic33

• View Profile
« Reply #968 on: January 22, 2019, 21:12:41 PM »
Very interesting video. As always much of what was or wasn’t in production for the Jag remains in a shroud of mystery. Still, good to see, thanks Trek.

Online TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: January 23, 2019, 01:46:17 AM »
It seems this YouTuber is making the effort to find games for which there is evidence.  There were games he mentioned here that I had not seen before.

Offline Cryptic33

• View Profile
« Reply #970 on: January 30, 2019, 14:30:55 PM »
It seems this YouTuber is making the effort to find games for which there is evidence.  There were games he mentioned here that I had not seen before.
Yes, and that’s very interesting. Let’s face it, fifth gen consoles or the entire marketplace as we know it, would have been very different today had Atari got the money, got the relationships and made the right decisions. It is quite mind boggling to think how Sony going head to head with Atari, that is the PS1 vs the Jaguar mark 2 on a level playing field. All these potential games, the hardware, the third party support. The mid 90’s could have been an incredible time in gaming. Instead, it launched Sony into new territory, quite successfully I may add. But, it also led, in some ways, to the demise of creative game development. I know it’s all been said before but each time we see a glimps of what was happening back then, we see that the future could so easily have been very different. Oh how fickle life is 🙈

Offline Shadowrunner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: January 30, 2019, 14:55:16 PM »
Well said Cryptic. I love that era in video games more than any other. There was so many companies trying different things and while a lot of them failed it was still a very exciting time.

Online TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: January 30, 2019, 15:29:01 PM »
Eloquently stated, Cryptic! 

Offline Cryptic33

• View Profile
« Reply #973 on: January 30, 2019, 16:44:42 PM »
Well said Cryptic. I love that era in video games more than any other. There was so many companies trying different things and while a lot of them failed it was still a very exciting time.
Yes, the arcades had set the standard and home systems were trying to catch up. That is why the Jaguar as the world’s most powerful cartridge based console at that time could have been huge, a game changer as they say.
Eloquently stated, Cryptic! 
Thank you, it just made sense to me. In a way, the early and mid nineties were full of promise. Not just Atari’s Jaguar but the 3DO, the Neo-Geo and the fact that Sony were a good two years behind these guys. The CES that showed off these consoles with raw graphical power, each superb in their own field. Even VR was no longer a dream, it was all happening. The most exhilarating and turbulent period in video game history, arguably. Giants like Nintendo with their promise of the N64 were seemingly a lifetime behind these three bold companies daring to be the first to put a toe in the hot water of next gen. Sony were synonymous with quality and money and yet it felt very much like ok Goliath, bring it on! I’ll leave it there, I know you understand me and feel the passion 😉😎

Offline Cryptic33

• View Profile
« Reply #974 on: January 30, 2019, 16:47:18 PM »
Oops, sorry Shadowrunner, I did a smite, I thought it said smile 😐

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal