The NES Thread

Started by zapiy, January 20, 2012, 01:03:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Hey, some of these have made it into the "Good Modded Connsoles" thread.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

TrekMD

That's a good game to play with friends.  :)

Shadowrunner

Well it looks like that new NES console is available for pre-order. http://www.analogueinteractive.com/products/analogue-nt

That is if you have $499.00 burning a hole in your pocket! I realize a lot of work has gone into this and the specs and the look of the console are very impressive, but come on  :64:

zapiy

That a joke surely. 

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

And what were they smoking when they decided on those prices? 

TL

Not only is this possibly the ugliest console I have ever seen it is also ridiculously over priced - great combination.

The last thing the world needs is another NES clone  :112:

TL

Dragon Knife, is an unlicensed Nintendo NES title which has just been translated into English. A clear rip-off of the Technos game Double Dragon, Dragon Knife was produced for the Chinese market and has since found its way around the world via NES collectors and ROM sharing sites. While the action in Dragon Knife needs no explanation or translation, every last segment of Chinese text in game - from menus, to storyline, to title screens, to cut-scenes - has been rewritten in English by ROM hackers.

A downloadable English patch for Dragon Knife can now be found at ROMHacking.net. As usual, to enjoy this fan translation patch you will need to have an original Dragon Knife ROM file to which you can apply this patch to. Full instructions on how to patch this ROM can be found within the download. Here is a video of the game in action:

[align=center:daq8bu4f]Dragon Knife English Translation Released for NES!!![/align:daq8bu4f]

TrekMD

Nice to see another fan translation.  :)

TL

TL

[align=center:2wht8mov]Prefer the original spectrum version but this looks pretty decent actually:

Target Renegade[/align:2wht8mov]

Mr1280

My favourite nes game has got to be chip n dale rescue rangers!
I'm trying to find the 2nd one for a good price, so of anyone has it for sale let me know ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TL

[align=center:3u6znz16]Super C (NES)[/align:3u6znz16]

TrekMD

I have Super C for the NES and it is a great game. 

TL