Author Topic: Hi all  (Read 1720 times)

Offline DEL 707

• View Profile
Hi all
« on: March 05, 2015, 00:25:28 AM »
Hello, I'm Darren from SE England.

Been playing consoles from an early age, my old man had a Colecovision with an Atari addon. I soon gradulated to my own ZX Spectrum +2 and went on from there.
 In my golden years, I had quite a selection of Mega Drive and Super Nintendo games, but sold nearly all of them at boot sales and markets to raise cash to purchase a Nintendo 64, damn my mate for letting me play Mario 64!
 I know the Nintendo 64 is a great console, but I've never really forgiven myself for selling all those games.

Many many years later, I built an arcade cabinet, nothing fancy, a pre-fabricated cabinet, wired it up and had it running various emulators, but then the dreams started.
 Sounds weird, but I started having dreams about the 1 that got away, no not the girl...the console! I started having dreams about going into a shop and looking for Neo Geo games.
 I could never afford an AES back in the day, just by looking at the price of the games in magazines, I knew better then to ask my parents. I read the reviews, I played their arcade counter-parts, but I never dreamed of owning one.

So, just over a year ago, in rather sudden and wallet tightening move, I bought a Neo Geo AES with several games.
 My sudden arrival in the Neo Geo world prompted some research and I found about the MVS system, and just as quickly as my AES arrived, so did his MVS brother.
 I took to collecting MVS games since they're generally a lot cheaper, and after a year, I have a nice little collection.

But I still lamented the loss of my old Sega and Nintendo collection, I looked longely at ebay auctions, though held off, not wanted to go deeper down the rabbit hole, but my brother, sensing my tortured soul, told the family and they bought me a Sega Mega Drive with some games for Christmas.

Which brings me to the present, I dusted off the old SNES and brought what few games were left, out of storage. My collection is only a shadow of it's former glory, but I hope to change that.

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Hi all
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 03:50:16 AM »
Hello Darren and welcome to RVG! Glad you found us and decided to join the forum.  Have a look around and enjoy!
Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline Shadowrunner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 04:09:56 AM »
Welcome :) Nice intro, look forward to seeing your collection grow. Very cool on the Neo Geo, I have a pretty big NG CD collection but never got into the cartridges.

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 16:29:33 PM »
Hello Darren

Thanks for joining us here at RVG.. Awesome intro btw way and feel free to add pics and details of your collection here http://www.retrovideogamer.co.uk/http:/ ... .php?f=6.0
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline DEL 707

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 23:57:15 PM »
Thanks for the replies.

Well definitely have to get my collection posted up, over the weekend.

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 09:43:31 AM »
Nice one.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal