Evolution of Retro Baseball Games

Started by TrekMD, March 05, 2013, 01:52:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

[align=center:29h5xd7s][size=240]Philips CD-i[/size]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kftbFHrCcO4
Power Hitter - By Fathom Pictures

[size=240]3DO[/size]

[/align:29h5xd7s]
[align=center:29h5xd7s]ESPN Baseball- Interactive Hitting - By Intelliplay[/align:29h5xd7s]

TL


onthinice

The sports game that was to show how inferior the Atari 2600 was compared to the Intellivision.
Only thing was I played Super Challenge Baseball more on the 2600. Same game as Major League Baseball. Less buttons to press. Same fun.

TrekMD

Had completely forgotten to include the Intellivision here!  I've yet to test out these games on my Intellivision.  Will have to give them a spin.  Love the speech on World Series!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...


TL

Quote from: "TrekMD"Had completely forgotten to include the Intellivision here!  I've yet to test out these games on my Intellivision.  Will have to give them a spin.  Love the speech on World Series!

I was shocked when I realised you hadn't already posted them!  :13:

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"
Quote from: "TrekMD"Had completely forgotten to include the Intellivision here!  I've yet to test out these games on my Intellivision.  Will have to give them a spin.  Love the speech on World Series!

I was shocked when I realised you hadn't already posted them!  :4:

Going to the final frontier, gaming...


TrekMD

Here is a sample of baseball games for the [size=140]Nintendo GameBoy Advance[/size].

[align=center:37g4vh89]CGRundertow BACKYARD BASEBALL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyqp9-1Z92c

Baseball Advance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxEaQ1GiLxY

Backyard Baseball 2006
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKWzPIJqVeI

MLB Slugfest 2004
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqcYaJfaOBI

Major League Baseball 2K7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5jZkI9Pa2c[/align:37g4vh89]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...


onthinice

GameBoy Advance has a nice selection.

TL

[align=center:2mi6e9l2][size=240]Sega Mega Drive[/size]


Cal Ripken Jr. Baseball - By Mindscape


ESPN Baseball Tonight - By Sony Imagesoft


Frank Thomas Big Hurt Baseball - By Acclaim


Tony La Russa Baseball - By EA Sports


Tony La Russa Baseball 95 - By EA Sports


MLBPA Baseball - By Electronic Arts


MLBPA Sports Talk Baseball - By Sega


R.B.I. Baseball 3 - By Tengen


R.B.I. Baseball 4 - By Tengen


R.B.I. Baseball '93 - By Tengen


R.B.I. Baseball '94 - By Tengen


Roger Clemens' MVP Baseball - By Flying Edge


World Pro Baseball 94 - By C&E Inc.


Super Baseball 2020 - By Electronic Arts


Tommy Lasorda Baseball - By Sega


World Series Baseball - By Sega Sports


- By Sega Sports


World Series Baseball '96 - By Sega Sports


World Series Baseball '98 - By Sega Sports[/align:2mi6e9l2]

TrekMD

Quote from: "onthinice"GameBoy Advance has a nice selection.

Yes it does!  I was surprised it didn't have a million versions, though, since the other Nintendo systems do!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...


TL

Quote from: "TrekMD"
Quote from: "onthinice"GameBoy Advance has a nice selection.

Yes it does!  I was surprised it didn't have a million versions, though, since the other Nintendo systems do!

If you want a million versions see the Mega Drive / Genesis!

That list took me forever and I bet I still missed some!!!  :o

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"
Quote from: "TrekMD"
Quote from: "onthinice"GameBoy Advance has a nice selection.

Yes it does!  I was surprised it didn't have a million versions, though, since the other Nintendo systems do!

If you want a million versions see the Mega Drive / Genesis!

That list took me forever and I bet I still missed some!!!  :o

Oh, no, I don't want a million versions! LOL 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...


TL

[align=center:egpii7a2][size=240]Nintendo 64[/size]


All-Star Baseball '99 - By Acclaim


All-Star Baseball 2000 - By Acclaim


All-Star Baseball 2001 - By Acclaim


Bottom of the 9th - By Konami


Chōkūkan Night: Pro Yakyū King - By Genki / Imagineer


Chōkūkan Night: Pro Yakyū King 2 - By Genki / Imagineer


Famista 64 - By Namco


Jikkyō Powerful Pro Yakyū 4 - By Konami


Jikkyō Powerful Pro Yakyū 5 - By Konami


Jikkyō Powerful Pro Yakyū 6 - By Konami


Jikkyō Powerful Pro Yakyū 2000 - By Konami


Jikkyō Powerful Pro Yakyū 2001 - By Konami


Ken Griffey, Jr.'s Slugfest - By Nintendo


Major League Baseball: Featuring Ken Griffey Jr. - By Nintendo


Mike Piazza's Strike Zone - By GT Interactive


Power League 64 - By Hudson Soft


Triple Play 2000 - By Electronic Arts[/align:egpii7a2]

TrekMD

Interesting how on the N64 the games are either very realistic or cartoony.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...


TL

Quote from: "TrekMD"Interesting how on the N64 the games are either very realistic or cartoony.

If you look you will notice that all the Japanese games go for the cartoony look while the western games go for realism, shows a big difference in what different markets want from their games.