New Sega Genesis/MD Homebrew - Paprium

Started by TrekMD, March 25, 2017, 02:27:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

The Watermelon team has revealed that Project y is now Paprium.  Paprium is going to be a two player game that will come on a 64meg cart just like Pier Solar.  Two editions of the game will be available to non backers, the limited edition (like the investor version minus a few thing's like the combbook, nice sturdy strong cardboard like the first edition of Pier Solar) and the classic edition. (clamshell like the Pier Solar reprint) A limited six button arcade still will also be available in limited quantities to the public.

More Information here:  http://www.paprium.com/

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

I've received a few emails about this lately and it's nice to see it's getting close to being done. I've had the Investor edition pre-ordered for a couple years now I think. Hope the game turns out good!

TrekMD

It does look good and that video is not even the newest one.  Apparently a new one will be released soon.

JoeMusashi

Blimey, I had forgotten all about this! I was following the development thread on Sega-16 religiously until about 6 months ago. I've not seen any emails, I'm sure I'm on the mailing list.
I'm happy to see the progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrekMD

I never get any emails from them either.  Only order-related ones even though I have signed up several times. 

Shadowrunner

The only reason I got emails is because I'm an investor. The cutoff for being an investor was at least a couple years ago which means that's how long it's been since I payed for the game, so I would assume some people were getting impatient. To be honest I completely forgot about it until a month ago when they started sending out the emails to assure people it was still coming.

TrekMD

Ah, no wonder.  Well, hopefully the game is completed an available for purchase.  It looks awesome. I wish these guys made games like these for the Jaguar.

JoeMusashi

It seems the main criticism of Watermelon is their customer facing or social side of the business appears to be dreadful.
I want to buy this so I just hope they make that a simple affair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadowrunner

Here's the latest trailer for the game!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3CTqTzkgZQ

You can also pre-order the game now, just hit the link in the first post :)

TrekMD

Yep, already saw that.  The controller is available as well for preorder but not sure of how many of those they still have available.

Shadowrunner

Well, finally got an update!

You're receiving this message because you have a preorder (or more) at WM's Magical Game Factory !

Thanks for your patience. It's been exactly one year since we started taking orders for PAPRIUM (and a couple more years of wait for our hardcore MGF fans), It's been extremely stressful year for everyone, we bet.

Regarding what's going on:

We had an issue with the DATENMEISTER chip-set manufacturing which resulted in some last minute changes. I've worked round-the-clock for the last couple of weeks to find a workaround and been very scarce on updates, my apologies.

In the next (couple) days we have to adjust the game to reflect those changes. Moreover, in the mean time, there will be an additional round of QC and testing. Rest assured everyone involved has been working hard to solve all the issues and ensure a superior product. Our aim is to deliver the ultimate Mega Drive / SEGA Genesis game, in time for the system 30'th anniversary.

Thanks everyone for your comprehension, and my sincere apology for the lack of news.

PS: We have posted this message on facebook but it took some extra days for the newsletter to send, sorry for the inconvenience.

For the one that would find the extra wait just too much, contact our support for a refund. For the others, a huge thanks, you won't be disappointed !

For any concerns, please contact the costumer support.
http://www.magicalgamefactory.com/en/faq/contact-support_5/

Thanks!

Fonzie
WATERMELON TEAM

I believe the 30th anniversary is this fall, so hopefully they make it!

TrekMD

Yes, I got this too.  It would definitely be  cool if they can make it by the 30th anniversary!

Shadowrunner

Well, looks like this is actually finished!

Received an email yesterday with the following info:

QuoteOn the 27th of October 2018, we are having a party in Paris, France. Let’s celebrate SEGA Genesis / Mega Drive's 30th anniversary and the release of PAPRIUM. We understand this is a long trip but if by any chance you are around at that time, you're of course very welcome. Please contact us at 1988@watermelon-games.com for booking and details. The party starts at 19PM for some talk with WM and some 16-bit fun and then turn into electro music feast from 23PM until 6AM. The event is free but booking is required in advance.
PS: We are working hard to ensure you to receive your games around that time but we can't guarantee it at the moment. You will receive another email shortly to confirm your shipping address.

Can't wait to finally try the game!

TrekMD

zapiy

At last was the words the reverberated around the internet lol.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC