Turbografx card plastic sleeve issue

Started by VictorLazarus, February 11, 2017, 23:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VictorLazarus

Hi all,

Not sure if anyone else has had this problem. Seems to me that the transparent soft plastic of the HuCard protective sleeves degrades fairly quickly. Had a bunch of loose cards in sleeves, that when I checked them recently had stuck to the sleeves. I removed them, but they all had unremoveable stains from the sticky plastic.

Something similar actually happened to our Amiga500 from its keyboard sleeve / protector. Ended up with yellow streaks on that system, so it looks like it's painted with a tiger skin.

MVL.

Shadowrunner

I've never heard of that issue before, thanks for the info. I'll have to check mine.

zapiy

How did you store them mate? Was it it in a dry free from moisture area?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

VictorLazarus

Environment could be a factor, as I live close to the sea. And I've had water damage before. But I also remember the card sleeves being yellow and quite sticky when I got them. I then thoroughly cleaned them. But they must've got worse over time.

MVL.

Back in Time Sime

Just to confirm I have not had this, all mine are 100% good.
Check out my YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/c/BackinTimeSime - New retro review each Thursday...

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC