Atari Dig Documentary

Started by Retro_Raiden, March 26, 2015, 00:07:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retro_Raiden

Hey guys!
I was wondering how many of you have watched the Atari: Game Over documentary on the Atari 2600 games which were buried in the Alamogordo Desert in New Mexico and what you thought about Atari actually having to resort to burying the game back in 1982/1983. Also wondering did any of you purchased one of them when they went on eBay a few months back?

TrekMD

I got to watch a good portion of it during CGE in Vegas last year.  I thought it was excellent and met Howard Scott Warshaw while there.  I do have the documentary on Google Play also.  We did have a thread with some of those being sold but I don't believe anyone here bought any of them.  Here is the thread:  So they dug up that ET landfill.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Retro_Raiden

Thanks dude. I just wanna say if no one here brought one then I am the first on here to have brought one :)

TrekMD

Hey, that's cool.  At least it came with the certificate and the extra documents.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Greyfox

I watch the documentary and found it fantastic and really brought light to what happened and how things played out and was a wonderful insight to the main protagonist Howard Scott Warshaw's position etc, I thought I was a wonderful film as was World 1-1, you can see my review here and if your an Atari fan should have in your gaming documentaries collection.

AmigaJay

I watched it on Xbox a couple of months ago, i thought it was a very good documentary, a good insight of what really happened, and someone any video/computer game fan should watch.
Though they could easily taken out the couple of unnecessary swear words that i'm sure they thought was cool to include, and made it something all kids could have watched.
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

Retro_Raiden

I re-watched the Atari: Game Over documentary last night because I think it is awesome. It really does provide a good insight into what happened back in 1982/1993.

zapiy

You know what, i need to watch this again.. Think i dozed off last time.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Retro_Raiden

lol it is a good documentary.