Wolfenstein 3D - New Amiga CD32 Homebrew!

Started by TL, June 15, 2014, 19:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

[align=center:yz9ckhi9]

[size=140]EAB member Earok is currently hard at work on an Amiga CD32 port of the classic id Software FPS Wolfenstein 3D. He has based it on the AWolf source code and as you can probably see he's taken a couple of liberties with the rendering (e.g. the viewport width), but he's also managed to get it fast enough to be playable on a stock standard CD32. Also it's fully playable on just a stock controller.[/size]

[size=140]There's still a few rendering glitches to sort out and he also wants to look at the sound and music (there's none at the moment), a registered version, Spear of Destiny support and rudimentary NVRam saving. This is his first Amiga dev project and he willfully accepts that his C is really bad! He is still looking for suggestions on how to make improvements and has made the full source code available for download as well as a W.I.P. ISO. You can get involved in the project and read more over at EAB in the official devlopment thread.[/size]

[size=240]DOWNLOAD HERE![/size]

Wolfenstein 3D CD32 version 0.1[/align:yz9ckhi9]

zapiy

Awesome stuff, loving a little bit of the latest Wolfenstein at the moment so i will have a bash on this as well.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

WiggyDiggyPoo

Its a damn good reason to get my A1200 working properly and buy a CD drive for it - most CD32 games can be made to work on that setup IIRC.