Let's Compare: Gradius

Started by TL, June 11, 2013, 20:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL


TrekMD

Love the PC Engine version.  I guess this was never ported to Atari systems or computers?  Looks like it could have been ported to the 7800 (though it might have needed a POKEY chip) at the very least.  Certainly to the Lynx.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...


TL

The best version without doubt is the PC Engine, with the Sharp X68000 in second place.

The MSX is the best 8-bit version but that scrolling is shocking!  :o

zapiy


Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Crusto

Is there any difference between the engine and arcade version? Or is the engine one better?
Bitches leave

TL

Quote from: "Crusto"Is there any difference between the engine and arcade version? Or is the engine one better?

The PCE version is pretty much identical to the arcade game, very good conversion.

Gorf

I like the X68k version best...smoothest, but the PCE looks the closest, whre the rest are ok and the Nintendull versions suck sizable male horse appendage.

Crusto

I owned the CPC version as a kid. I thought it was diabolical, I was gutted having to play through it when it was one of my favourite titles at the time.
Bitches leave