Hello from Paris France

Started by Arethius_RGC, April 18, 2013, 11:47:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arethius_RGC

Hello

I'm Guillaume (aka Arethius_RGC) born in Paris - France - in 1980. I'm video game collector since the age of 15. Before I was not allowed to have a video game console.
I came to this site  via the Cdi-interactive.co.uk Forum

My first console was the Nintendo NES then I got Atari Jaguar (which remains one of my favorite) then I have sold my console to buy others, in 1999 I started the collection.
My ambition as a collector to have all video game console with at least one game I like on it.

My favorite consoles Atari Jaguar, CD-I, Playstation One, Sega Megadrive.

My collection upto date is more or less :
- 50 gamings systems
- 900 games
- 150 accessories
- 200 others items (t-shirt, pin's, OST, poster, books, ...)

But I'm not only a collector, I'm also play an active part in the Retro-video gaming community in France.

In 2002 I joined a Atari Jaguar community in France and together we organized the first Jaguar Connexion (JC) then we organised 5 of them until 2006. In this year we founded the Retro-Gaming Connexion Association (which I am the President) and we splitted the JC in two conventions :
- the AC : originally an ATARI based convention, now a retro video computer convention
- the RGC : a global retro gaming convention.

Now we organise five conventions per year:
- the Mecha Gaming Convention: a mecha themed convention with a Steel-Battalion lan-party (last year 16 steel battalion), but also Virtua On, Iron Soldier...
- the AC : the retro video computer convention with its coding party (code a game in 24 hours) .
- the Balades de Congis whih are the open door meeting of the town we are laocated in.
- One musical game evening (in July this year) Rock band, guitar hera, DJ Hero, but much more.
- the RGC in october.

But we also have some other product such as T-shirt, manual, and games. Our latest and most ambitious project Another World on ATARI Jaguar (to be release soon).

Right I'm finished. Sorry if I borrowed you with my advertising but I'd like to have more strangers on our conventions. Besides forgive me if my english is faulty.

I hope to have good contact with you guys.

TrekMD

Welcome to RVG Guillaume!  Looks like you have quite a collection of games and game systems!  Looking forward to your release of Another World for the Jaguar.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

Welcome to the forum Arethius!

I met you at Jagfest UK in Rochester back in 2005, I still have some photos of you actually?

Wasn't it you who won everything there?

Shadowrunner

Welcome  :)  Can't wait for Another World to be released!

zapiy

Welcome aboard there, thanks for the intro.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Arethius_RGC

Quote from: "The Laird"Welcome to the forum Arethius!

I met you at Jagfest UK in Rochester back in 2005, I still have some photos of you actually?

no it was Odie_one he won Defender and Total Carnange.

I won the Tempest Duel Tournament

TL

Quote from: "Arethius_RGC"
Quote from: "The Laird"Welcome to the forum Arethius!

no it was Odie_one he won Defender and Total Carnange.

I won the Tempest Duel Tournament

Ah that's right!

There are some photos HERE!

Katzkatz

Bonjour Arethius.  Welcome to RVG.  Enjoy the retro fun here. 

Mire Mare

Welcome! Nice to have another colourful character to add to the veritable RVG rainbow.

onthinice

Hello! Very nice collection! Do you have any interest in the Intellivision?

Arethius_RGC

I sure do but I have none ... ofr the time being.

I'm concentrating forst on the CD-I collection... Yes I know but I love those lost cases always listed in the worst video consoles of time such as the Jagaur, CD-I of course, 32X, Amiga CD32, Gizmondo, ... ect... 

onthinice

Cool! I had read that one of the last Intellivision branch offices to close was located in France.

Your preaching to the choir :)