Hi There !

Started by thedamnedunited, April 18, 2013, 09:59:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedamnedunited

QuoteThe c64 eh? Well, in that case, you're even more welcome!  :)

No - I don't at all, but sounds great ! I guess you know a site that you can buy these from ?

I'll post the top 25 C64 games. My son has done the list just based on researching the Internet, but I'll do one of my own top 25 - "If I show you mine, you can show me yours :) "

Thanks again for the welcome !

TL

There are lots of threads about C64 homebrews in the homebrew sectiion (funnily enough!)

Otherwise http://www.rgcd.co.uk is a good place to start  :4:

DreamcastRIP

Welcome! So are you a retro gaming admirer of the late Brian Clough?

If so then I guess you already own this game...

:4:
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

thedamnedunited

Quote from: "The Laird"There are lots of threads about C64 homebrews in the homebrew sectiion (funnily enough!)

Great - I'll take a look over there !

Have to say - you guys run a superb forum. I have spent more time on here than my own the last couple of days lol

TL

Quote from: "thedamnedunited"
Quote from: "The Laird"There are lots of threads about C64 homebrews in the homebrew sectiion (funnily enough!)

Great - I'll take a look over there !

Have to say - you guys run a superb forum. I have spent more time on here than my own the last couple of days lol

Thanks, make sure you spread the word!

thedamnedunited

Not particularly a Brian Clough fan, (I always get mistaken as a Leeds Utd supporter) but admire his achievements and of course his outspoken comments etc

I had just read the book which I thought was superb, when I bought first PS3 - so I thought it would be a cool PSN name.

Favourite game character on PS3 is undoubtedly the Helghast in Kill Zone so Graphic Designer chap at work did a spot of "photo shopping" (a skill that is sadly beyond me) :D

Mire Mare

Quote from: "thedamnedunited"
QuoteThe c64 eh? Well, in that case, you're even more welcome!  :)

No - I don't at all, but sounds great ! I guess you know a site that you can buy these from ?

I'll post the top 25 C64 games. My son has done the list just based on researching the Internet, but I'll do one of my own top 25 - "If I show you mine, you can show me yours :) "

Thanks again for the welcome !

Check out Psytronik @ http://www.psytronik.net/  You can buy physical tapes and disks or digital downloads, for ccs64, WinVice etc, of the games I mentioned.  There're some great games to be had and I think some are £free!

DreamcastRIP

Quote from: "thedamnedunited"Not particularly a Brian Clough fan, (I always get mistaken as a Leeds Utd supporter) but admire his achievements and of course his outspoken comments etc

I had just read the book which I thought was superb, when I bought first PS3 - so I thought it would be a cool PSN name.

Favourite game character on PS3 is undoubtedly the Helghast in Kill Zone so Graphic Designer chap at work did a spot of "photo shopping" (a skill that is sadly beyond me) :D

An entertaining book for sure albeit one that portrayed Clough in an unduly harsh manner, caused much personal grief to his widow and family and for which the author was successfuly sued in a court of law by an ex-Leeds United player over.

The subsequent movie adaption thankfully redressed the balance somewhat. Cracking movie. I'm not a Nottingham Forest, Derby County or Leeds Utd fan either so there's no bias here!
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

thedamnedunited

Thanks Mire Mare - will check it out :)

thedamnedunited

Dreamcast RIP : yep, I would pretty much echo your sentiments about both the book and the film !!

onthinice

Hello! You have a very nice collection! Nice idea about the PS III forum 8)

thedamnedunited

Quote from: "onthinice"Hello! You have a very nice collection! Nice idea about the PS III forum 8)

Thanks Ice.

Yes - am rather pleased with it but now I need to build up a reasonable games collection for most of the systems AND somewhere to set them all up.

The PS3 forum has been going now for about 18 months - it's a lot of fun.