Latest Retro Purchases (Games or Hardware)

Started by zapiy, October 21, 2011, 08:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cryptic33

Not full games but an interesting lot all the same, especially Demolition Man. The sequences where Mr Stallone says "you suck" etc are quite funny.
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

TrekMD

That's cool.  It's a bit of Jaguar history.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Saturn

That rocks, been meaning to hit up MyAtari for those for some time. May step it up as I just ordered some games from Matthias Domin based on a recent post that the cart version of Impulse X was no longer available.
Procrastination cost me one of them, now it'll have to be tracked down in the wild at an exuberant rate.
Don't want that to happen with these.
Nice score Cryptic33!

Cryptic33

Thanks guys, indeed it is a piece of history Trek.

I never expected too much from these discs but they do demonstrate where Atari was going with game design.

Yeah, Bruce was very pleasant to deal with as I was querying the possible customs charges which, he does not calculate. I eventually found an online calculator and he reduced the postage costs for me as he had two different prices for each disc. The cartridges he sells would be subject to VAT taking their total price individually to just over £80 which is crazy. 16/32 systems does sell them for a lot less but Nick's site is very messy with many links still not working and he doesn't state if games are new or second hand which is very off putting.

I also recently bought World Tour Racing from Telegames and that is an exciting racer. I have never got the hang of racing games but this one I do like alongside Atari Karts that is :)
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

Shadowrunner

Yeah, I've ordered from Bruce before too. He's easy to deal with but his prices and shipping costs are expensive. Still, some of the stuff he has can't be found elsewhere. World Tour Racing is a great game :113:

TrekMD

OK, here are my latest items.  The 2600, Dremcast, and 7800 games all came from FreePlay Florida.  :)

[align=center:l7du8mvj]

[/align:l7du8mvj]

Saturn

Phenomenal stuff TrekMD! (as usual lol)  :113:

TrekMD

I'm glad I am staying within a "standard" of excellence!  LOL

Saturn

Quote from: "TrekMD"I'm glad I am staying within a "standard" of excellence!  LOL
That you are, good sir :113:

TrekMD

You may want to check the thread about my collection as there's some stuff that isn't posted here (even some new stuff).  ;)

Shadowrunner

Nice haul! Wind and Water is a great game.

TrekMD

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"Nice haul! Wind and Water is a great game.

Cool.  It only cost $17!  :)

Cryptic33

Some cool games there Trek. I thought I knew of dozens, even hundreds of titles for the 2600 but those are new to me. Then again, the flow of Atari games over here was never what it should have been for any of the systems.
I think it is funny how both titles have the depiction of a person with a gun, yet in the classic 80's style, Invader X would have sold more titles ;)

Shadowrunner

After waiting 3 years for this to be finished, I finally have my Collectors Edition of Pier Solar for the Dreamcast! Here's some pictures of everything it came with. You could choose whichever region packaging you wanted, and I've always preferred the look of the Japanese orange so that's what I went with.

A long time coming but I'm very happy with the finished product :)

TrekMD

Wow that looks awesome!  And here I thought I had a cool one!  :)