Forum Upgrade

Started by zapiy, April 14, 2022, 22:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

I have fully upgraded the forum to the latest edition.

Bare with me as I bring it back to something that resembled the old layout.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Shadowrunner

This is different. . .  lol

TrekMD

Nice update, though it was shocking to see!  LOL

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

I need to dedicate more of my time here, so my plan was to make changes, streamline, make it more a focal point of the whole site.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

I can tell you I hate how they've changed editing threads.  It was easy to find the settings to edit on top of the threads.  Now they are in the bottom and there is no HTML coding in the Quick Edit window. 

zapiy

Yea, IE8, Edge and other browsers caused a lot of issues, the new build may not be what we wanted but there is so many positives from a security point of view that it needed to be upgraded.

TrekMD

Oh, no arguing it needed the upgrade.  It's just getting used to it and getting it configured.  By the way, I'm not getting notifications from threads.  Do I need to update my settings?

tomwaits

I know it's a work in progress, but if I try to get to the forums from the menu at the retrovideogamer.co.uk homepage, it gives an error.

zapiy

Fixed that Tom.

I think you need to re-subscribe to them Trek.

TrekMD

Hmm, OK, I'll see if that works.  I did change settings for notifications but that did not make a difference.

zapiy

okay let me look into it.

Shadowrunner

Is there any kind of chatbox? It's nce for a quick hello but otherwise this is a good upgrade. :)