Let's Compare Parasol Stars

Started by TrekMD, October 03, 2014, 18:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Parasol Stars was released in 1991 and it is a sequel to Rainbow Islands.  In other words, this game is technically the third game in the Bubble Bobble series.

In the game, Bubby and Bobby are the main characters.  The action takes place on various worlds, each with a distinct theme.  A boss must be defeated at the end of each world and the player has to unlock two secret areas in order to properly finish the game.  Your main weapon is a parasol which can be used in various ways:  as a shield, to stun enemies, as a parachute, to capture droplet, or to hurl enemies.

This game did not see a lot of ports and may not be as known.  It was certainly an unknown for me!  So, here is the video comparison...

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Another classic game, I would say the Atari ST version looks the best here but a special mention for the PC Engine version.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Yes, I like the ST version the most as well.  I'm still surprised to see how many games made it to the Atari computers and not to the consoles. 

onthinice

Some good looking versions. I have this for the TG-16 and really enjoy it. The PCE/TG-16 gets my nod. Fun game!

TrekMD

Here is a newer video looking at the various versions of this game...