The Sega Mega Drive & Genesis Thread

Started by dcultrapro, August 28, 2012, 13:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Just watched this.  I did not know this extender existed.  Does anyone own it?  I think I agree with him, though, best to spend the money on a game than this piece of plastic. 

[align=center:27m1c4g5]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h_5zyuPY2w[/align:27m1c4g5]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

When I bought my first Sega CD back in the early 90's it came with the extender, and since I had a model one Genesis I did use it. And yes there was a small plate that held them together, no duct tape required :21:

TrekMD

I did see some being sold with the metal plate on Ebay.  :)  I guess it prevents the use of ducktape!  LOL

TrekMD

Several pages back, we had some posts about the Genesis/Mega Drive Megatron transformer coming.  Well, it is now available and here is a video review of this Transformer!

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

I did not.  They are expensive!  As much as I like it, I'm not willing to pay $120 for it or for the PS1 Optimus Prime. 

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Yep, it sure is!  Now you know why I don't have either one.

davyk

As nice as this is, I can't help being disappointed that the Megadrive isn't a working one. No technical reason why not. I suppose licence wrangling would be a problem.

AmigaJay

Just a little pdf I was creating a couple of years ago just for fun not to sell was a game cover comparison for Megadrive games, planning to hit 100+ pages, only got to 23! So was going through some old bits and rather than delete it I would upload to give people something to look at for 10 mins, anyway you can view it here;

https://issuu.com/amigajay/docs/md_covers_compared
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

JoeMusashi

Good idea, and well laid out. I guess this is one of lifes 'time dependant' projects. I know all about those lol.
The European Crack Down cover is so shit, I love it.

AmigaJay

Thanks, yeah there are some funny looking covers in there! I think in the most i prefer more of the Japanese ones if they differ from the other regions.
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

guest6401

Cool I always wanted a Sega Mega Drive VR headset... I guess this is probably better TBH. lol

sonicclassicfan90s

I love the Sonic The Hedgehog games on the Sega Mega Drive they are just classics. My favourite Sonic game Is Sonic 3 And Knuckles :)

I love Jewel Master that game was very challenging and I love the soundtrack as well.

I remember playing Ballz that game was just so fun to play back In the day.

Another game I loved Is Zero Tolerance a brilliant game. It took me ages to get to the final boss at the end. I also loved that each level gives you the password. I remember always writing down the passwords on paper :) Love the cover art of the game as well.

Sparkster Is just a classic game to play as well. I played Sparkster a lot on the Sega Mega Drive and loved the soundtrack as well.

I love Eternal Champions as well that game was awesome to play back then :)

Those are some of my favourite Sega Mega Drive games :) And I love the Streets of Rage series as well.

TrekMD

Here is a nice read pertinent to this system:  The Top 10 Racing Games for SEGA Mega Drive (Sega Genesis).  Any other games you would have included?