The Sega Mega Drive & Genesis Thread

Started by dcultrapro, August 28, 2012, 13:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onthinice

Good review and glad to see the Sega Master System still being supported with such an adaptor.

TrekMD

Quote from: "onthinice"Good review and glad to see the Sega Master System still being supported with such an adaptor.

I have that one and it is a cool thing to have.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Yeah, never really purchased many adapters like that as i have the real hardware.. might be an idea for me to pick them up anyway.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Quote from: "zapiy"Yeah, never really purchased many adapters like that as i have the real hardware.. might be an idea for me to pick them up anyway.

I picked up one of these because it was much easier to find than the original system changer.  I guess they are not as common in the US.  Never mind the prices on ebay were absurd when I checked. 

onthinice

The only drawback is the card slot but still a must have item if you do not have an SMS or the SMS adaptor.

Ben

The book "The Secret History of the Sega Genesis" can now be purchased, it was originally Kickstarter only.  I'm not big on Kickstarter myself, but now I just may have to pick this up.  http://kotaku.com/you-can-buy-the-secret-history-of-the-sega-genesis-1619144836

JoeMusashi

I backed this and I'm really looking forward to getting hold of it.
Had an email update last week to say it will be shipping out to us in a few weeks.

Shadowrunner

I backed the Genesis book too, really looking forward to it.

TrekMD

zapiy

Yeah its pretty damn awesome bit of kit that is...

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Yes it is.  It is similar to what was created for the Vectrex.  It's a cool way to play games that are only available in ROM.

TrekMD

Well, there are so many lists of top games but here is another one to check out for the Genesis/MD.  This one has 50 games!

[align=center:ohbupmxp]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHFVZsclE3s[/align:ohbupmxp]

TrekMD

Just saw this, which I thought was interesting.  I've seen several of these games in Ebay and they are all expensive indeed!

[align=center:jca5hjq2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1oMmNg8hpQ[/align:jca5hjq2]

Ben

I have a few of those, I always joke that if I go bankrupt I'll just sell off my old Saturn games.

EDIT:  I'm just wondering, are the Shining Force games that rare, or are they just high in demand as classics (like Earthbound)?  I remember them being pretty common at used game shops/flea markets in the 90's, either way I'm glad I loved RPGs from a young age and snagged them back then.

zapiy

Great video, i wish i had a few of them lol.. :21: