TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"All you need are 2 things:

This website!

and

The dimensions: 27cm x 17.2cm

And the empty cases!  ;)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

On Facebook earlier somebody was asking me what happened to all the articles I wrote for the Revival Gamer website that now seems to be offline. They were asking about one article in particular - the story of the Atari Mega Drive so I thought I would post it on here for people who might not have read it before!  :16:

TrekMD

Nice read.  Always fun to see what could have been!

WiggyDiggyPoo

Quote from: "The Laird"On Facebook earlier somebody was asking me what happened to all the articles I wrote for the Revival Gamer website that now seems to be offline. They were asking about one article in particular - the story of the Atari Mega Drive so I thought I would post it on here for people who might not have read it before!  :16:

Oddly when I click this link from Tapa it tells me to download later^-^

I'll read if later at home

TL

Works fine from my phone, weird.

Shadowrunner

Great read, thanks for posting it  :)

JoeMusashi

Just read this thread from the start. Great stuff! That tech demo is cool and the clip of Peter Griffin playing Moonwalker, lol. Also the Atari Tomahawk, WTF! I'm loving the insane Mega Drive knowledge.

One thing that does concern me however is the recommendation to buy some of the more obscure and rare games. They command some hefty prices and appear a little elitist. Are they actually any good or is it purely because they're rare? Basically, is it more style over substance (willy waving 'look what I've got' ammunition)?

In other words, they're out of my price range and I'm jealous  :21:

TL

Quote from: "JoeMusashi"Just read this thread from the start. Great stuff! That tech demo is cool and the clip of Peter Griffin playing Moonwalker, lol. Also the Atari Tomahawk, WTF! I'm loving the insane Mega Drive knowledge.

One thing that does concern me however is the recommendation to buy some of the more obscure and rare games. They command some hefty prices and appear a little elitist. Are they actually any good or is it purely because they're rare? Basically, is it more style over substance (willy waving 'look what I've got' ammunition)?

In other words, they're out of my price range and I'm jealous  :21:

With the Mega Drive at least, some of the rarer games are among the system's best. Thankfully if you are not bothered about having originals then repros can be picked up very cheaply indeed. See the latest retro purchases thread for some images of the ones we have been buying. I myself just picked up the superb Snow Bros. for less than £10!

TrekMD

You can find reproductions of the rare games for a good price if you get carts only.  It is well worth it. :)

TL

TrekMD

TL

That must have taken a while to put together!

TrekMD

Without a doubt!  At least this is nicer art than that SMS boxes!

TrekMD