The Sega Mega Drive & Genesis Thread

Started by dcultrapro, August 28, 2012, 13:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Here is another video by John Hancock, this time ranking titles for the Genesis/MD made by Micronet.  Does anyone have any of these games?

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

davyk

Have ordered the Darius Extra cart for Megadrive. Will report back whenever it turns up. :)

Shadowrunner

I've always liked Darius games. Pretty cool they made a new Megadrive cart. Looking forward to your thoughts. :)

davyk

It's a cart release of the unreleased game that is on the MD mini. It was polished and completed by M2 who really know how to do ports properly. I didn't want to get a mini just for that game so this is a great opportunity to play it and add another nice cart to my MD collection. :)

onthinice

I have Warrior of Rome II and used to own the first Warrior of Rome. I agree the first game is less polished. Never played any of the other titles.

TrekMD

I have Raiden Trad and I have really enjoyed it. 

TrekMD

Here is another video by John Hancock, this time looking at the 11 games made by Sony Imagesoft for the system. 

davyk

Quote from: TrekMD on June 04, 2021, 22:48:43 PM
I have Raiden Trad and I have really enjoyed it. 

Have that too. Not sure how I came across it. It's cart only and I tend not to buy unboxed games. It's quite a nice port. When I switch my Megadrive region switch to JP I get a Japanese title screen. There are quite a few early cartridges like that. :)

Other MD shmups I have:  TF3, Twin Hawk, Hellfire, Musha (repro), Space Invaders '91, Zero Wing.  All very solid games.

TrekMD

I have some of those titles you listed.  Has anyone seen any of these new games?

TrekMD

Playmates Interactive Entertainment Inc published 5 games for the Sega Genesis.   John ranks them on this video. 

TrekMD

John Hancock continues his videos ranking games for the Genesis from various companies. This time he is ranking the five games by Black Pearl Software.  I do own one of these games, seaQuest DSV.  As a fan of the series, I had to have it even if the game is just OK.  Check out the video...

TrekMD

John looks at the 18 games made by Accolade for the Genesis/MD and ranks them.  Looks like most of these games are rather weak.  Check it out...

TrekMD

Tengen published 24 games for the Sega Genesis/MD and, on this video, John Hancock ranks these games for the system...  I only have a few of these titles.

TrekMD

Hmm, I'm surprised no one has made comments on the last few videos, particularly with Tengen games.  Hopefully this one inspires some posts.  Here is a video by John looking at the 28 games Acclaim published for the Genesis/MD.  This is another publisher with lots of games!  Check it out...

TrekMD

U.S. Gold published 14 games for the Sega Genesis and Mega Drive, all of which are ranked by John on this video.  I don't have any of these for my Genesis, so I can't say anything about any of the games myself.  The Hulk one looks cool.