Evercade VS

Started by TrekMD, April 23, 2021, 14:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Evercade has released a preview video of the Evercade VS.  Since this is not a handheld unit, I started a new thread for it. Looks nice and it is compatible with existing cartridges.  It is even compatible with the Evercade Handheld, which can be used as a controller.  According to the video, this will available to preorder in May with a November release.  You can learn more here:  Evercade VS Play Together.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

DeadVoivod

Controllers looks nice.

Shadowrunner

Looks like the people saying it was going to be a console were right. Should do well. Nice to see it has wi-fi for updates and stuff.

Only thing I don't understand is why the Namco collections aren't playable. Supposedly they were only licensed for handheld use but that seems very odd to me. I mean even the handheld has a TV out port. Why would that have been specified?

TrekMD

Yes, that is rather unusual.  Maybe they can address it because those are good games.  Maybe an update to the system will open up the Namco collections.

zapiy

This is awesome.

Anyone getting it.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Shadowrunner

I'll probably get it. I don't really do that much handheld gaming anymore so my Evercade doesn't get a lot of use. This should help.

TrekMD

Evercade announced on Twitter their packages for the Evercade Vs units.  They will have a starter pack and a premium pack. Check them out...

Starter Pack

Premium Pack

Shadowrunner

I got an email about a founders edition too. It's black instead of white and comes with a bunch of extras and all four arcade collections. 5000 only so have to order early. Unless I'm blind I don't see a price anywhere though.

TrekMD

I have not seen a price for the Founder's Edition either but I know I want it. ;)

Shadowrunner

A day later and the Founders Edition still isn't sold out. I'm surprised. Anyone order one? Here's the link - https://funstock.co.uk/products/evercade-vs-founder-edition

I decided to skip it. It looks nice but with shipping it would be over $300 for me and I don't want it that bad lol.

TrekMD

I ordered it.  I'm curious about playing Lynx games on the big screen.  ;)  It didn't cost that much to get to me.  I'm also surprised the Founder Edition hasn't sold out yet.  They had less than 25% stock left when I ordered it yesterday and that still seems to be the case. 

Shadowrunner

Yeah the exchange rate really adds up for me! I figured you got one. :)

TrekMD

They've posted pictures of the VS Starter Pack and Premium Pack.  Check them out...

DeadVoivod

Maybe the founder edition doesn't sell out because the white edition looks nicer?

TrekMD