Author Topic: Finding Retro  (Read 178 times)

Offline Sanddancer

• View Profile
Finding Retro
« on: April 13, 2021, 13:35:09 PM »
So how does everyone go about finding retro games and what was some of your best finds? For me it was mostly charity shops (thrift shops) and local carboot sales and flea markets but in the last few years the flea market has dried up nothing seems to be making its way onto the stalls but back in the day (2010ish) I used to walk down at 5.30am to get the bargains picked up some amazing things, like ps1 games like klonoa for £1, amiga cd32 for £15, boxed Philips cdi console for £10 (they thought it was a CD player lol) and countless other stuff was great times lol.

But I have also made flyers a while ago and even posted them through doors and that's where I got my best stuff got a text one guy and he said was I interested in a few bits he had as he was going to bin it as he had no room for it. Was alsorts dreamcast games, nes games, masters systems and gamecube stuff  all for £100  I bit his hand off lol,and I think that was my best find and kept most of it... I'll see if I can find a picture of the haul later.

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Finding Retro
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2021, 20:46:46 PM »
I think i find it from pure luck, I used to go to carboots or 2nd hand shops but the prices are usually through the roof in most of these places these days.

Best bargain, probably an Atari Lynx with 6 boxed games for £15.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 00:01:51 AM »
The charity shops in Miami don't really have anything worth buying when it comes to retro games, if at all.  There is a retro game store in Naples (about 2 hours away) that I have visited a couple of times.  Most of my finds for retro stuff (outside of homebrews) is eBay. 
Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline davyk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2021, 10:21:56 AM »

Charity shops etc are all too wise now. I used to pick up bargains in markets and places like Ca$h Converters back in the 90s. But it's slim pickings now.

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2021, 21:20:30 PM »
They even sell on eBay!  Goodwill is known for doing it.
Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline Shadowrunner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2021, 02:09:31 AM »
I used to get some good deals buying big lots on eBay. Now with all the resellers and high prices on retro games in general deals are hard to come by.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal