Super Mario Bros on Intellivision

Started by TrekMD, March 07, 2021, 18:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

I saw this and I was very impressed.  Who could have expected this to be pulled off on the Intellivision? 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

That looks really good. Sounds just like it!

TrekMD

poundlander

Always a pity when impressive new games come out and bait cease & desist monsters like Nintendo.

That being said, the music is very, very true to form O_O
Please check out my party favors at https://theloon.itch.io/
Downloadable Atari 2600 games such as Upp Plus Plus, Nitebear on Sleepystreet, Stranglehand and more!

TrekMD

I know!  I can't even imagine the amount of work it took to make this game only to have Nintendo shut it down.

poundlander

I do like the multi colored Maryo sprite.  Probably done with layering multi sprites on top of eachother.

Also, probably, means less enemy and bonus item sprites on screen.  But, the players eyes are always on Maryo.  May as well make it pretty!  They did the same thing when making Spyro for the playstation.  Allocated a huge amount of their polygon budget to make the main character look good.
Please check out my party favors at https://theloon.itch.io/
Downloadable Atari 2600 games such as Upp Plus Plus, Nitebear on Sleepystreet, Stranglehand and more!

TrekMD

Yes, it works well.  I'm no programmer but even I know that creating that took lots of effort.

Borg1613

I am going to watch this one and see how long before Nintendo shuts it down.

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

I have not seen any additional updates.  I also don't think there's a ROM of the game posted anywhere.  Even in the info on the video there is no mention of a ROM.  So, who knows?  Every article on this only links to the video that I posted.