The History of the Atari XEGS

Started by TrekMD, March 26, 2019, 20:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Today Top Hat Gaming Man discusses the history of the Atari XE Game System and whether or not it failed.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TrekMD

Here is another video looking at the history of this Atari system!

poundlander

Knew exactly one kid with a XEGS.  Brought it to school once and failed to awe everyone.  Never saw it again :)

I wish the trend of augmenting consoles into full computers stayed strong.  The middle route of a sort of console / sort of computer seems like it was a hard sell.
Please check out my party favors at https://theloon.itch.io/
Downloadable Atari 2600 games such as Upp Plus Plus, Nitebear on Sleepystreet, Stranglehand and more!

TrekMD

I have a XEGS that I got last year.  I am among those who loves the look of the system.  I do understand it does not appeal to everyone.  I do agree that augmenting consoles into full fledged computers was an interesting idea but it lacked in implementation.  Look at the Adam with the ColecoVision.  It made Coleco fail.

onthinice

I have looked at buying an XEGS several times. It is a nice looking machine but to get the most out of it for me would require a disk drive which adds to the price. There are a few exclusive games that I only remember being made for Atari 8-bit computers so maybe one day I will talk myself into buying one.

TrekMD

You can get a multicart for it and play the games that way.