Author Topic: Arcade Imperfect Book  (Read 206 times)

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Arcade Imperfect Book
« on: January 19, 2021, 04:03:59 AM »
Figured I'd share this as it should be of interest...

The dream of being able to play accurate conversions of all the latest arcade games tantalised 8-bit home computer owners throughout the '80s, without ever quite coming true. Nevertheless, stripped-down ports of hundreds of classic coin-ops still ended up gracing many a grateful gamer's library.

Insert coin, press start and read the whole story here. Tea's ready, player one!

You can preorder Arcade Imperfect (Limited Edition hardback) now for only £27.99 plus p&p (£3.20 within the UK, £10.20 to Europe, £23.00 outside Europe). Only 500 copies are being printed - first 160 to order will have their name printed inside the book!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline davyk

• View Profile
Re: Arcade Imperfect Book
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 22:56:18 PM »
Heh.. 

"100%" machine code.
Arcade perfect.

:)

My arse it was. 

What I will say though is I remember some ports feeling quite like the originals... the 2600 ports of Asteroids, Missile Command and Berzerk were really very good. The last two being still enjoyable even today. Asteroids has aged slightly worse sadly.

I also remember really enjoying Bombjack on the 8bit micro (the Amstrad CPC4640 but I doubt I could go back to it today.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal