Super Mario Bros. Atari 2600!

Started by guest4567, August 27, 2012, 01:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougtitchmarsh

It boggles the mind what people are still doing on these old consoles.  8)
My retro and computing blog posts
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, 2600, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, GameGear, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, GBA, GB,  Xbox, 3DO,  WonderSwan,  NGPC, CD32, Amiga A1200, Spectrum 48k and +2, BBC B, C64

TL

TrekMD

I have that one.  It's just a visual hack of Smurf.  It's too bad that they kept the music the same.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

onthinice

TrekMD

Time for an update!  This game is going to be released in cart form under the title Princess Rescue.  Here is a picture of the cart and manual.

[align=center:1vz6llx8][/align:1vz6llx8]

The game will become available on the Atari Age Store very soon, for those who are interested.  :)

Shadowrunner

Didn't really think about it but now that I have a 7800 I can play 2600 games too. Might have to get this, looks incredible!

TrekMD

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"Didn't really think about it but now that I have a 7800 I can play 2600 games too. Might have to get this, looks incredible!

That you can.  It's one of things that makes the 7800 a great console to have.  :)

TL

Interested to see the final version  :16:

TrekMD

For those interested in this game, it is now available to order over at the Atari Age store:

Princess Rescue - Boxed PREORDER
Princess Rescue Cart & Manual

Shadowrunner

Well, looks like whoever got a copy of this has a very rare collectible now.
Nobody is saying exactly what happened but the game has been pulled from sale and it has been said it wont be returning. Speculation is Nintendo caught on and shut them down.

Really wished I would have got a copy, there was one on ebay that just sold for $120 after this all came to light so you know it's only gonna go up in value from here.

TrekMD

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"Well, looks like whoever got a copy of this has a very rare collectible now.
Nobody is saying exactly what happened but the game has been pulled from sale and it has been said it wont be returning. Speculation is Nintendo caught on and shut them down.

Really wished I would have got a copy, there was one on ebay that just sold for $120 after this all came to light so you know it's only gonna go up in value from here.

Whoa!  When did this happen?  I have it and it is a great game!

Shadowrunner

Just yesterday by the looks of it. It would be nice to know exactly what happened but seems they can't talk about it. I think it said if anyone has questions they can PM Albert though.

onthinice

Too bad it was pulled. Only way to tell if Nintendo is responsible, wait for other Nintendo theme games to get pulled.

TL

Considering how much Atari Age have got away with over the years it's not really a surprise to be honest.

TrekMD

The game was supposed to have a boxed limited run of 100 but ended up with 200 due to a mistake that was made.  Then it was supposed to be sold lose so that must be what has stopped (if he had any boxed ones left).  I hope he was able to sell all the boxed ones as that was a big financial investment.