[Game] Chiller 2

Started by aNdy/AL/Cosine, December 16, 2020, 18:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aNdy/AL/Cosine

Finally, Cosine Systems has released my game, Chiller 2!  This is dedicated to Cosine's C&C, T.M.R who is still in hospital at the time of release.  I desperately wanted him to play test and approve before release and feel bad about releasing it before, but this needs to go out now.

Download includes game on a .d64 and .tap file plus all the source code and work files for graphics and music.

Download here: https://csdb.dk/release/index.php?id=198231

Merry Christmas!

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

This is an amazing game, one of the best in 2020 I must say.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

aNdy/AL/Cosine

Thanks for the kind comments both!

Retro Gamer Nation

I enjoyed this one as well...especially after I realised there was no time limit on the levels and that I could plan my path to each cross.

onthinice

zapiy

@aNdy/AL/Cosine is the plans for a physical version?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

aNdy/AL/Cosine

Quote from: Retro Gamer Nation on December 22, 2020, 23:10:00 PM
I enjoyed this one as well...especially after I realised there was no time limit on the levels and that I could plan my path to each cross.

Good!  I did try to include small elements of strategy such as that!  Many people mentioned that is was quite hard and I simply told them to stop rushing around, find a safe spot on screen and plan a route!

Quote from: zapiy on December 23, 2020, 15:30:29 PM
@aNdy/AL/Cosine is the plans for a physical version?

I've not been approached by anyone to do it and would not be against the idea!

zapiy

Well we are lol, is there any copyrights on this game?

aNdy/AL/Cosine

Quote from: zapiy on December 23, 2020, 20:48:25 PM
Well we are lol, is there any copyrights on this game?

David Darling (founder and ex-owner of Codemasters) who created the original, was contacted on my behalf and he didn't have a problem with my unofficial sequel Chiller 2 being released.  He was unsure who, if any one, had or still has the rights to the original game.  Back in the mid-80's he and his brother 'licensed' the original to Mastertronic, but beyond that I can find no information about the original.

As for Chiller 2, other than the name borrow, it's all original from scratch stuff.  I've released the game itself along with all the source and data files for people to do with as they please, so as far as I'm concerned Chiller 2 is essentially copyright free.

zapiy

Then we should talk about it mate. Will send you a pm.