The Sony PlayStation 2 Thread

Started by TrekMD, November 06, 2020, 02:13:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davyk

My current PS2 collection because why not?

JP games are :  Castle Shikigami, Castle Shikigami 2, Espgaluda, Sega Ages:Fantasy Zone

JP game is Gradius III+IV

JP game is Sega Ages : Tetris Collection

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

Yeah there are some great games there!

ninjamaster

I loved this console with many interesting Jrpg games such Shadow Hearts, Dark Cloud/Dark Chronicle,Stella Deus, Suikoden 3 ecc...

I have really good memories! ;)

TrekMD

The PlayStation 2 had a huge library, with both good and bad games.   On this video, John Hancock looks at five games for the system that are bad!  Check it out...

davyk

My biggest PS2 disappointment ever was God of War.

I really, really wanted to like it. Superb production values. It looks great. I love the settings - that ancient Greece thing. But dear me what a boring , repetitive game. The boss fights were OK but smacked of QTE fests. What killed it was arena style combat sections that were just SO boring. I felt no connection between what I was doing and what the character was doing. It was just mash, mash, mash - repeat.

I put it away and went back several weeks later and it was just as bad. Got rid.  :(

Shadowrunner

I agree. I've tried a few God of War games but just couldn't get into them. Really don't understand the appeal.

TrekMD

Good thing I never got that game!

Sanddancer

I don't mind the god of War games, fairly linear button masher, really enjoyed and finished both of them on the psp, I wouldn't mind the vita god of War collection but it's a bit pricey.

davyk

Loads of people liked GoW - was a huge success. But it just didn't do it for me - I know I'm in a minority on that. :)