Let's Compare - Burger Time

Started by TrekMD, August 24, 2012, 21:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Another comparison video with several versions of anther fun old game, Burger Time.  Here, again, there are some significant differences between versions.  It's good to see that Beef Drop was also included!

I've had the chance to play Burger Time for the 2600, Intellivision, 5200 (Beef Drop homebrew), and the 7800.  I can't help but wonder if the 2600 version could be improved given all the things folks do nowadays with the 2600.  That version, though visually the weakest, does retain all the game elements (including the music!).  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

onthinice

The Intellivision version was the first home version I ever played. Had me hooked ever since. Have heard the Coleco version is good but have never tried. I really like the Nes version.

Wonder why Diner is mentioned but not the arcade one called Peter Peppers Ice Cream Factory?

TL

I love Burger Time, I have played quite a lot of the 7800 version (Beef Drop) which he appears to playing on emulation with the speed set wrong. It's definately the best of the versions shown too, although I was impressed with the Coleco Vision port.

I have the 2600 version too but I really don't remember it being that poor, it looks almost unplayable!!!  :o

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"I love Burger Time, I have played quite a lot of the 7800 version (Beef Drop) which he appears to playing on emulation with the speed set wrong. It's definately the best of the versions shown too, although I was impressed with the Coleco Vision port.

I have the 2600 version too but I really don't remember it being that poor, it looks almost unplayable!!!  :o

Of all the versions shown, I thought the 7800 version was the closest one to the look of the arcade.  I don't know why other capable machines changed the color scheme of the playing field as they did.  Insofar as the 2600 version, it is a bit slow to play.  If someone would hack it to increase the speed and make some graphical improvements, it would be better.

zapiy

Can't say i have ever played this game..

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Quote from: "zapiy"Can't say i have ever played this game..

For real?  You need to give it a spin! 

TL

Quote from: "zapiy"Can't say i have ever played this game..

:o :o :o

What Trek said!!!!

onthinice

:o :o :o Just do not try the 2600 version first.

TrekMD

Quote from: "onthinice":o :o :o Just do not try the 2600 version first.

The one version that needs desperately to be hacked!  I am surprised no one has tried it.  It's just like the 2600 Donkey Kong.  For some reason hackers stay away from these two games.

onthinice

The 2600 version is still on my want list. Knowing how bad it is I just do not want to pay much for a copy. So maybe I will never own one.

TrekMD

Quote from: "onthinice"The 2600 version is still on my want list. Knowing how bad it is I just do not want to pay much for a copy. So maybe I will never own one.

The problem with the 2600 version of BT is the speed at which the chef moves.  He is just slooooow....  That's why I think a hack would help the game, if only by speeding it up!  Like I said before, all the game elements did make it to the 2600 version despite the graphical limitations. 

onthinice

If I had not played the Intellivsion version first maybe I would like the 2600 version better.

TL

There is also Burger Man, a pretty lame rip-off of Burger Time that was released for the Atari ST and Amiga:

https://youtu.be/JJzCOEtCW8E

TrekMD

Yes, lame is an accurate descriptor.

TrekMD