The MB Vectrex Thread

Started by TL, August 24, 2012, 17:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

onthinice

Good video! Wish the Vectrex would have survived and it would have been cool to see the Vectrex scaled down like Coleco's Tabletops.

TrekMD

For anyone collecting for the Vectrex, this site is excellent:  Vectrex Collecting Guide.

TrekMD

Just thought I'd share that Packrat Video Games will be selling Vectrex games.  They have permission to sell the games that Classic Games Creations and Vectrexcarts.com used to sell.  Check out their site:  http://www.packratvg.com/vechbrews.html

onthinice

That is good news. Glad they are selling other systems games as well.

TrekMD

Yes, they've been selling for other systems for a while but the Vectrex is brand new to them.  Those games were sold by vendors who no longer make those games and PackRat has been given permission to sell these.  :)

llayboy

I really want to get my hands on a Vectrex. However I can never find one at a sensible price.

One day.. one day...

Greyfox

Sorry to go off topic here @llayboy , what's the update on your documentary? (1up) has this been postponed?

Yes them Vectrex seem to be as rare as chicken's teeth. and i fear the older they get, the more expensive the prices will rise, as everybody that has one I'm sure can kept a watchful eye on the increased value of them. so you might have to bit the bullet in order to acquire a diamond like this.

As I doubt it will be a case were you'll see one cheaper after you snag one.

TrekMD

You just have to be in luck to get a cheap one these days.  The Vectrex is a unique system and it seems to be getting more attention, which raises the prices.  On occasion, though, they do sell cheap.

llayboy

Quote from: "Greyfox"Sorry to go off topic here @llayboy , what's the update on your documentary? (1up) has this been postponed?

Yes them Vectrex seem to be as rare as chicken's teeth. and i fear the older they get, the more expensive the prices will rise, as everybody that has one I'm sure can kept a watchful eye on the increased value of them. so you might have to bit the bullet in order to acquire a diamond like this.

As I doubt it will be a case were you'll see one cheaper after you snag one.

@Greyfox the documentary is still going ahead but it maybe taking an online form rather than trying to get it out into the big bad world. If the film gains a bit of popularity then I will look to getting it around. It's one of those situations where real life steps in front of this as I do video work in my spare time.

I apologise for the time it's taking to get it finished

Greyfox

thanks for the update, no need to apologize fella, as the saying goes " all good things come to those who wait " :)

TrekMD

zapiy

Brilliant video. Seem very likeable guys which is great to see in the scene.

The four player games sound well smart.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Something really cool to share from binarystar software...

TrekMD

This blog post was made on Play Your Vectrex Day and I thought the timing was perfect:  CONSOLE OF THE MONTH (NOV 2016) â€" VECTREX.