Let's Compare James Pond 2: Operation Robocod

Started by TrekMD, September 07, 2020, 15:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

James Pond 2: Codename Robocod, also known as Super James Pond, is a platform video game and sequel to James Pond. It was developed by the same British teams as the original. The title music by Richard Joseph is a marimba-heavy rendition of the RoboCop film theme.

James Pond 2 was originally released on the Amiga, Atari ST and Sega Genesis in 1991 by three different publishers. It was next ported to Amiga AGA, Amiga CD32, Game Gear, Commodore 64, Master System, PC, Acorn Archimedes, Game Boy and SNES. The SNES version was called Super James Pond in North America, and Super James Pond II in other regions. The Game Boy version was called Super James Pond in every region. It was later redeveloped and released as a budget title for the Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, and as a download on the PlayStation Portable and PlayStation 3 via the PlayStation Network store.

Gameplay

James starts outside Santa's toy factory. There are many doors, each of which leads to a stage with many differently-themed levels, 50 in total. Hostile creatures lurk in these levels, and they come in many forms. There are no weapons in the game, so James must jump on them to defeat them. After completing two "doors", James goes on to another door where a boss awaits.

James's body armor enables him to extend his body vertically to incredible lengths and grab hold of the ceiling or platforms above him. This allows him to travel along the ceiling and drop down on the top of an unsuspecting enemy, or to get to otherwise inaccessible areas. James can also pick up items that provide points. Power-ups include extra lives and wings that grant James the ability to fly. From time to time James may enter vehicles, namely cars, planes or flying bathtubs.

Source:  Wikipedia

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

I used to love this game, Amiga is the one for me.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

I have the Genesis version.  It's a cool game to play during the Holidays.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...