2600 games I wished I owned BITD

Started by davyk, June 27, 2020, 12:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Well, it's a matter of opinion.  I like the music on it. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

davyk

Of course. :)

The fact it is constantly playing is what got me more than anything. If it had played for a spell after getting a treasure and then stopped maybe that would have helped. Most tunes will grate esp. with a short loop but that 2600 sound can only do so much musically - chip or not. :)

Saturn

Man, I used to love the music. The music was a soothing and letting me know to settle in for another long game.  The jumping sound effect too. Especially when Harry jumps around all crazy at the end. Awesome.
The sound effect for picking up gold or items, rat, etc. was pretty phenomenal too. It had a "you just got rich" tone to it and I couldn't get enough as a kid. Best game ever :D

davyk

It sounds depressing to me - uses minor chords or something. The little balloon jungle is nice. If the game had used little jingles like that for events instead of a constant drone I would have preferred it a lot more. It sounds even worse in PAL.

The composition itself isn't the problem - it's more the arrangement of it.

zapiy

Great thread, I was never a 2600 owner until I started collecting, can't say I buy or have played many games but I love reading your thoughts on games.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

davyk

@zapiy Maybe I could turn this into an article for the site?

TrekMD

Quote from: davyk on July 07, 2020, 12:53:20 PM

@zapiy Maybe I could turn this into an article for the site?

I don't see why not?  Go ahead!   :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

davyk

zapiy

@davyk that sounds a good idea, could make a really interesting article.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC