Let's Compare - Strider II

Started by TrekMD, June 13, 2020, 22:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Strider II (released in North America under the title of Journey from Darkness: Strider Returns), is a side-scrolling platform game published by U.S. Gold (under license from Capcom USA) and originally released for various computer platforms in 1990. It is a European-developed sequel to Capcom's arcade game Strider, which U.S. Gold previously ported to home computers in Europe.

Capcom later developed their own sequel in 1999, titled Strider 2 for the arcades and PlayStation, which ignores U.S. Gold's version of Strider II.

Source: Wikipedia

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

I'm a big fan of the original arcade game, the NES game, and Strider 2 on the PS1. I've never tried this version but it doesn't look like I'm missing too much.

I got really lucky with the PS1 game. Found it in a bargain bin years ago for like $10 and now it sells for a lot!

TrekMD

I was surprised to learn there are two different versions of this game.  Strider II and Strider 2!  Talk about politics!

Ryuhi

Yeah I thought about getting strider II for megadrive but it is very expensive for the quality of the game. It was genuinely cheaper to buy a master system and the game but I don't think this game is a reason to buy a console.

TrekMD

Based on what I saw on this video, this is most certainly not a game to get a console for.  Instead of a killer app, it is a kill-it app!