I wanted to share this. For anyone looking for a good ColecoVision emulator, ColEm is excellent. A new update was released today. This was posted by Atari I/O member fms today.
I've just released the free ColEm 5.0 for Windows and Linux, with the source code for those interested in porting ColEm to other platforms: http://fms.komkon.org/ColEm/
-- homepage http://fms.komkon.org/ColEm/ColEm50-Windows-bin.zip
-- free Windows version http://fms.komkon.org/ColEm/ColEm50-Ubuntu-x86-bin.tgz
-- free Linux version http://fms.komkon.org/ColEm/ColEm50-Source.zip
-- portable source code
This release adds the complete Coleco Adam emulation, including keyboard, printer, disk, and tape drives. Both .DSK and .DDP file types are now supported. There are multiple new menu and command line options for working with printers, disks, and tapes. Please note that since Coleco Adam emulation is very new, it may have bugs. If you encounter any problems, or any Adam software that does not run, please, report it here.
Recent ColEm releases also added support for 2kB SRAM found in the Lord Of The Dungeon game, Super Game Module (SGM) emulation, AY8910 PSG, 24c08 and 24c256 EEPROM emulation, and other modern features important to the homebrew community. See below for all the changes in the latest release.
* Coleco Adam emulation is now operational, with keyboard, printer, disk, and tape drives. Use -adam command line or "Hardware | Adam" menu to enable. Requires EOS.ROM and WRITER.ROM files.
* Emulator will load .DSK files into disk drive A: and enable Adam mode.
* Emulator will load .DDP files into tape drive A: and enable Adam mode.
* Printer output can be sent to a file with -printer option.
* Adam disk drives can also be loaded with -disk* options.
* Adam tape drives can also be loaded with -tape* options.
* Windows version has got full support for Adam-specific media images and hardware.
* Added "File | Save Printer Output" menu to ColEm-Windows.
* Added "Hardware | Disk Drives" menu to ColEm-Windows.
* Added "Hardware | Tape Drives" menu to ColEm-Windows.