Light Gun Games

Started by TL, August 20, 2012, 14:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

With the disappearance of CRT TV's light guns are becoming a thing of the past sadly.

When I was young I was mad on Light Gun's and have owned ones for the Spectrum, Atari 7800, Sega Saturn Mega Drive and Philips CD-i.

So what are your favourite light gun games?

For the Sega Saturn it has to be the Virtua Cop games and Chaos Control, on the 7800 I love Crossbow, Meltdown and Alien Brigade and Who Shot Johnny Rock? and Crime Patrol are ace on the CD-i.

TrekMD

I have those same 3 you have for the 7800.  I've been able to play them using my LCD TV, though.  Are you having difficulty playing them?

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

Quote from: "TrekMD"I have those same 3 you have for the 7800.  I've been able to play them using my LCD TV, though.  Are you having difficulty playing them?

Yeah they don't work on my newer TV, I have 2 old CRT's though. I have Sentinal and Barnyard Blaster for the 7800 too but they are not as good as the other games.

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"
Quote from: "TrekMD"I have those same 3 you have for the 7800.  I've been able to play them using my LCD TV, though.  Are you having difficulty playing them?

Yeah they don't work on my newer TV, I have 2 old CRT's though. I have Sentinal and Barnyard Blaster for the 7800 too but they are not as good as the other games.

Duh, I forgot about those 2.  I can't seem to play Barnyard Blaster with the gun, though. 

TL

There is also a prototype 2600 game that works with the XE light gun called Shooting Gallery too but I don't have that, its rumoured a 7800 proto of the game exists too but it hasn't shown up.

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"There is also a prototype 2600 game that works with the XE light gun called Shooting Gallery too but I don't have that, its rumoured a 7800 proto of the game exists too but it hasn't shown up.

That would be a fun game to play with a light gun!

Console Compulsive

My favorite light gun games have to be the Point Blank games on the PS1. The machine they had at my local arcade seemed to constantly have broken guns so having my own copy at home was a godsend.

onthinice

Gangster Town on the Sega Master System. Baby Boomer and Wild Gunman on the Nes.

zapiy

Point Blank games without a doubt, I have earlier games on earlier systems but they just did not do it for me. 

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

tomwaits

I really like the entire HotD series and the Area 51 games. CarnEvil, Beast Busters, and the two Terminator games if arcades are included too.

I have a personal aversion to shooting too many virtual people but monsters, aliens, and robots are fair game. :)

TL

Quote from: "tomwaits"I really like the entire HotD series and the Area 51 games. CarnEvil, Beast Busters, and the two Terminator games if arcades are included too.

I have a personal aversion to shooting too many virtual people but monsters, aliens, and robots are fair game. :)

I forgot about Area 51 and House Of The Dead, I have those on the Saturn and they are excellent!

The other Saturn light gun games I have are Crypt Killer, Die Hard and Might Hits - which are all pretty good too. The Saturn has a really excellent light gun!