ROAD RASH!

Started by TuxedoMarty, May 29, 2020, 19:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TuxedoMarty

Yeah! This game was the real deal. If you grew up in the 90's, you must have heard of it at some point. Yeah, driving around on a motorcycle and beating the s**t out of other people on motorcycles if they tried to get in your way and messed with you. Doesn't get any better than this. Back when Electronic Arts was actually putting out good games and years before they took the LJN route, this was arguably their best original work that wasn't a port of an already existing PC game. Everything about it was amazing for it's time and all three of the original games on the Genesis are still a ton of fun to play this day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdhrDE5L7ds

Shadowrunner

I haven't played too much of the Genesis games but Road Rash on the 3DO is still my favourite racing game ever. Love it!

zapiy

One game I played for hours back in the day.. Loved it. I think I played the Megadrive version the most..

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Ryuhi

I honestly can't think of a better 2d racers. It is fantastic. Proudly part of my Sega collection.

davyk

Never liked this series I'm sorry to say. Just never clicked with me. Technically I found it poor - jerky and some version had horrible digitised graphics. Gameplay-wise it seemed to have one gimmick which grew old fast. Much preferred to play Hang On.

Ryuhi

I like Hang on too but you don't get the joy of punching other competitors when they get near to you,

TuxedoMarty

Quote from: Ryuhi on May 31, 2020, 20:56:59 PM
I honestly can't think of a better 2d racers. It is fantastic. Proudly part of my Sega collection.

Was looking at an old review of it from GamePro in their January 1992 issue, and it got a perfect score in all categories. It’s a rare breed when it comes to racing games and has a seriously addicting replay value.

TrekMD

This looks like a fun game and it's still fairly cheap to get.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

DeadVoivod

Quote from: davyk on May 31, 2020, 21:01:07 PMGameplay-wise it seemed to have one gimmick which grew old fast. Much preferred to play Hang On.
That's true, but that was also true with all these kinds of games, were quite repetitive, plus here them music also seems to be in a never ending loop. Although I have to say that this version looks good, never tried it.