May the Fourth be with You

Started by TrekMD, May 04, 2020, 04:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Today is Star War Day, so May the Fourth be with You.  Here is a video from John Hancock looking at all the Star Wars games in his collection.  And to stay in the Star Wars spirit, I also invite you to check out our Star Wars Reviews in our Legacy Reviews section.  Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/mtAL1a70E8k

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Ahead of time, you are Lord Zap.

Shadowrunner

Happy Star Wars day!

I re-watched Episode 7 and 8 yesterday and I'm going to watch 9 later today for the first time.

TrekMD

Ah, let us know what you think of episode 9.  I enjoyed it when I watched it but you can't analyze it much if you want to enjoy it.  :)

Shadowrunner

Well that's that done. I liked it. They did a good job wrapping it all up. I didn't hate Episode 8 like a lot of people but this was definitely better.

TrekMD

Yes, it was an improvement and it did its job.  :)

TrekMD

TrekMD

Shadowrunner

TrekMD

Glad you liked it.  Now, here is something else...

Shadowrunner

I actually did watch Revenge of the Sith again and it confirmed what I was already thinking, I like the prequels better than the sequels.

For me they just have more of that spirit of the original trilogy. The sequels are good but too serious in tone and I think they should have used the original cast members more than they did. The prequels have problems for sure but I still enjoy them more.

TrekMD

I think that, despite their issues, the story in the prequel trilogy was more consistent and that helps.  I still think they are very formulaic, though.  That's something I found the sequel trilogy to be less of.  That doesn't mean they are excellent but they did break the mold from that perspective. 

Anyhow, here is another nice tribute video to the Star Wars Saga...

TrekMD

Someone edited the scene where Ray fights with Palpatine in TRS very nicely.  Check it out...