Twin Eagle, the mediocre vertical shooter with interesting technical quirks

Started by TuxedoMarty, May 20, 2020, 23:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TuxedoMarty

Twin Eagle is one of those things they call hot garbage. In regards to gaming, it refers to a game that has some interesting features to it, but at the end of the day is nothing really special. The thing about Twin Eagle that all of the sound is digitized. Right down to the music. And this was all the way back in 1988 that this game out. I hear it also uses digitized graphics, but I have not seen any. Unfortunately though, the game is very mundane and boring, and remember when I said it had a digitized soundtrack? Well there are only two music tracks in the game. The main theme you hear during the stages, high score entry, and the ending is one, and the other is the boss theme. That’s it. The boss theme also has vocals in it, which is very impressive for 1988, even though Psycho Soldier did that the year before. But despite all these fascinating technical quirks of the time, that doesn’t save it from being mediocre.

Shadowrunner

I've never tried this game but I watched a bit of a video and it doesn't look too bad. Only two music tracks in the game would get pretty repetitive though.