New Commodore 64 Homebrew - Fix It Felix Jr

Started by TrekMD, April 26, 2020, 18:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

AA member STE'86 has released a new homebrew title for the Commodore 64, Fix It Felix Jr!  The game is only available as a download on itchio.  The game is a Charity project and be freely to downloaded, but every donation made will go to UNICEF...

Save Niceland from chaos!

The inhabitants of this quiet place made a huge mistake when they decided to bulldoze Ralph's home in the forest to build an apartment block. Now he is raging and destroying everything around him! Fortunately, Ralph's arch enemy, Felix Jr., has to come to the rescue... He must use his magic hammer to repair all the windows that the giant keeps breaking!
Unfortunately, climbing a tall building is hard enough without an angry villain attacking you! The brave protagonist of this story needs your help...Give him a hand to fix everyone's windows and put a stop to the mayhem going on in town!

However, no noble mission is easy to accomplish! The intimidating Wreck-It Ralph is waiting for you at the top story of each level. He will throw bricks at you and try to stop you from repairing the building. What is more, you need to watch out for unexpected obstacles during your ascent... Even ducks can make you lose a precious life!

The game consists of multiple levels, where you find yourself at the bottom part of the screen, while Ralph is above you, throwing bricks around in rage. Your mission is to fix all the windows in sight without falling off.
What is more, you need to make sure you don't run out of time! Check on how much time you have remaining by keeping an eye on the timer clock at the top of the screen. Here you can also see your current score and how many lives you can count on. Make sure to move swiftly and carefully! Once you lose all your four lives, you have to start the game from the very beginning!

Thankfully, the citizens of Niceland love Fix-It Felix Jr.! You will see them pop up in their window from time to time, leaving a piping hot apple pie for you. Yum! Pick it up as fast as you can, as it will give you extra points, invincibility for a short time, plus the ability to smash through bricks, piles, and even teach those pesky ducks a lesson. Teach two ducks a lesson while high on pie to triple the score, that's the cherry on the top! You'll need all the points that you can score, as you'll get an extra life every 20,000.

Hardware Requirements:

Fix-it Felix Jr. runs on an unexpanded Commodore 64 and only requires a joystick in Port Two. The game has been tested and it is compatible with the following platforms:  Commodore 64, Commodore 64c, Commodore 128, Commodore 64gs, and Commodore 64sx.

Both PAL and NTSC systems are supported.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

I know the coder of this conversion very well. Antonio is a great guy and I can only say what an awesome version this is.

If you have not played it then you really must.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Very cool!  I was not aware you know the programmer!  He should join us here!

zapiy

The invite has gone out.

He has many great games and helped us on a couple of Bitmap Soft releases.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Greyfox

I had played the previous variations of this great little games, and normally I wouldn't really be one to be all over a c64 title, but I was stoked at what these guys had mange to pull off here, I had to have a play and the game is arcade/console perfect, I can't believe what they've managed to pull off here..and to had a great sweetener to the deal is that welcomed donation is going to ng to such a great cause.

All I can say is...I salute you guys for not only bringing this gem of a game to the c64 but the sheer talent you guys possess. Kudos

tonysavon

zapiy

Hey Antonio, thanks for popping in.

Love the game.

zapiy

Some one mate this if you want to create a real version.

TrekMD