The SNK Neo Geo X!!!

Started by zapiy, January 17, 2012, 13:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

The SNK NEO GEO X Chit Chat thread.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

dot.fyre

Surely they wont release an 'official' product that runs roms straight out the box?

Greyfox

Quote from: "stvd"Surely they wont release an 'official' product that runs roms straight out the box?

i doubt that myself, I reckon it will be simular to that other one coming out, where they will have there own app store for the games to can play on it, but surely they won't have neo Geo cart prices attached to them will they?

zapiy

Yeah i can see this being app based.

If they get the pricing right it could take off.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

CeefaxOfDelphi

I enjoyed the SNK collections on PSP - this new handheld would need to offer a wide range of SNK titles at a reasonable price for me to consider it.

(plus, it DOES look like an iPhone 4 with bits stuck on - is it really real?)

Greyfox

well Darran Jones, I think , thinks it's fake too..but only time will tell, to me it looked like a dingo, with a Neo Geo logo.

TL

Just read my quote earlier its from a VERY reliable source

Greyfox

Quote from: "The Laird"Just read my quote earlier its from a VERY reliable source

who's to say your not part of the propaganda..lol..

well when ever it arrives..lets hope it will be a proper good little hand held, but, isn't it a bit limited if only to play Neo-Geo games, my psp, dingo , plays all these plus much much more.

TL

So we now know that this is going to use SD cards and will come with 20 games pre-loaded which are:

Art of Fighting
Baseball Stars
Cyber Lip
Fatal Fury
Fatal Fury Special
Football Frenzy
King of the Monsters
Last Resort
League Bowling
Magician Lord
Metal Slug
Mutation Nation
Nam 1975
Samurai Shodown
Sengoku
Super Sidekicks
The King of Fighters '94
The Ultimate 11
Top Players Golf
World Heroes

The unit will cost around £120 and its likely that more games will be available for around £2 each (download of course)

Consider me sold on this!

Minerals

sounds pretty damn awesome, look forward to seeing one in action.

CeefaxOfDelphi

looks interesting, but pricewise it's still a bit high.

TL

Breaking news:

QuoteSNK PLAYMORE, today confirmed that the NEOGEO X GOLD entertainment system is scheduled for a worldwide release this December. Following the 20th anniversary of the ground breaking NEOGEO AES console, the NEOGEO X GOLD entertainment system provides players with all of the features of a home arcade and the convenience of a handheld gaming device. The NEOGEO X GOLD entertainment system is set for a worldwide release on December 6, 2012 for a suggested retail price of $199.99 (USD).

The NEOGEO X GOLD entertainment system comes complete with the NEOGEO X Station, the NEOGEO X Handheld with 20 pre-loaded NEOGEO classic titles, and the NEOGEO X Joystick. In addition to coming pre-loaded with 20 NEOGEO classic titles, the NEOGEO X Handheld device features a crisp 4.3" LCD display, an expandable game card slot, internal stereo speakers, and a 3.5mm headphone jack for a personal gaming experience you can take anywhere. The NEOGEO X Handheld device works with the NEOGEO X Joystick and NEOGEO X Station to charge the handheld device and transfer the action directly to a television set or monitor, via HDMI or A/V out, for a true arcade experience right at home. 

The full list of NEOGEO X Handheld pre-installed games is as follows:

1.3 COUNT BOUT
2.ALPHA MISSION II
3.ART OF FIGHTING
4.BASEBALL STARS II
5.CYBER LIP
6.FATAL FURY
7.FATAL FURY SPECIAL
8.REAL BOUT - FATAL FURY SPECIAL
9.THE KING OF FIGHTERS '95
10.KING OF THE MONSTERS
11.LAST RESORT
12.LEAGUE BOWLING II
13.MAGICIAN LORD
14.METAL SLUG
15.MUTATION NATION
16.NAM 1975
17.PUZZLED
18.SAMURAI SHODOWN II
19.SUPER SIDEKICKS
20.WORLD HEROES PERFECT

"Great game consoles don't die; they're just reborn in much more affordable and convenient packages," said Tommo CEO Jonathan Wan. "The NEOGEO X GOLD is a love letter to one of my favorite consoles of all time, and working with SNK PLAYMORE to acquire the NEOGEO license, Tommo Inc. looks to provide gaming and entertainment enthusiasts with a classic arcade experience both at home and on the go."

zapiy

Shadowrunner

Awesome! Think I will have to get one. 8)

TL