The SNK Neo Geo X!!!

Started by zapiy, January 17, 2012, 13:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

That does look like a thing of beauty.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

All this comes with it. The main console which also acts as a charging deck and the arcade stick for playing it on your TV  :o

Shadowrunner

$199.99 sounds pretty good considering all you get.

zapiy

This will sell by the bucket load.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Minerals

TrekMD

I really like the handheld!  Would love to get it!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

[align=center:2r5yhabl]

As we previously reported the Neo Geo is booking a comeback tour in the form of the Neo Geo X, a handheld console that will go on sale in December. We were originally led to believe it would cost $200 for the Gold edition and come with 20 pre-installed games to celebrate the console's 20th anniversary, but we now know there will also be a less expensive version, one that runs $130 and will also come with the same collection of games. So, what's the difference?

Well, the standalone console (versus the Gold version) won't come with a charging dock or joystick. The charging dock lets gamers hook the Neo Geo X up to their HDTV, while the joystick is intended to replicate the arcade experience at home.

If you can live without those amenities, the standalone console saves you $70 and pushes the handheld console into relatively affordable territory, albeit it's still a little pricey considering the age of the titles. And if you change your mind, you can always buy the joystick and dock separately, though SNK Playmore has yet to announce pricing info for either of those.[/align:2r5yhabl]

zapiy

onthinice

Alberto 2K

This is going to be my Christmas present, I already convinced my GF!  ;D

Here´s a vid of it in action, it may be a proto:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvfzBLjn ... e=youtu.be

And this is the pre order gift, Ninja Masters:

I hope they release a quality product.
Don't be surprised, my broken English is legendary!

TL

I didn't know there was a video  :o

Looks so awesome - I want one so much!!!!

TrekMD

I want one of these!  It looks fantastic!

zapiy

Wallop that is awesome. The viewing angle is fantastic. Good screen me thinks.

onthinice

Everything old is new again! Cool!

TrekMD

Quote from: "onthinice"Everything old is new again! Cool!

A rejuvenation machine! Great!   :P