The guys from Champ Games
have begun working on a new homebrew title for the Atari 2600 called Champ Baseball! The game is in very early development and there are no binaries yet there are are some images of the game.
Their plans for Champ Sports Baseball include:
Multiple built-in teams (16 is the current # we're hoping to include), including unique team colors, lineups, etc.
- Team editor for name/uniform colors, etc.
- Different field types (artificial turf vs. grass)
Multiple game modes
- Exhibition mode: play with any two teams
- Tournament mode: choose a team and compete in a tournament-style march to the championship!
- Practice mode: hone your skills with batting, fielding and pitching practice
Multiple play modes:
- 1 player vs. computer
- 2 players vs. and team modes
Multiple screen views:
- Infield view
- Multiple outfield views (left, left center, center, right center and right field)
- Double and triple plays
- Infield fly rule
- Bunts, sacrifice flies
- Steals, hit and runs, pickoff plays, pitch outs
- Left/right handed pitchers and batters, plus switch hitters
- Player skills (throwing, fielding, hitting, running)
- Throwing and fielding errors
- Game stats
Read more about the game here: Champ Sports Baseball (Atari 2600)
Pitcher/catcher view with full scoreboard:Infield view. The solid red player - the catcher - shows player that has the ball:
Left-center view. The ball and shadow can be seen around 2nd base. The yellow cross hairs show where the ball will land to aid in fielding (can be disabled for advanced players):