Author Topic: The RadioShack TRS-80 Color Computer  (Read 117 times)

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
The RadioShack TRS-80 Color Computer
« on: April 05, 2020, 20:52:34 PM »
I watched a video today from John Hancock where he shares his collection for the Tandy Color Computer.  I didn't know much about these, so figured I'd start a thread about them and include some information on them and John's video.  Did anyone here own one of these?

The RadioShack TRS-80 Color Computer (later marketed as the Tandy Color Computer and sometimes nicknamed the CoCo) is a line of home computers based on the Motorola 6809 processor. The Tandy Color Computer line started in 1980 with what is now called the CoCo 1 and ended in 1991 with the more powerful CoCo 3. All three CoCo models maintained a high level of software and hardware compatibility, with few programs written for the older model being unable to run on the newer ones.

Despite bearing the TRS-80 name, the Color Computer is a radical departure from the earlier TRS-80. In particular it has a Motorola 6809E processor, rather than the TRS-80's Zilog Z80. The machines in the Color Computer line are not compatible with software made for the earlier TRS-80.

Read more about these machines at Wikipedia.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: The RadioShack TRS-80 Color Computer
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 22:59:27 PM »
I don't know a lot about it either, it is one of those computers that does not get a lot of love.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
Re: The RadioShack TRS-80 Color Computer
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 23:29:15 PM »
No, I guess because it was from Radio Shack.  Did you guys have those in the UK?  Based on the games that John shows, though, it did get love from companies!
Going to the final frontier, gaming...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal