The History of Zoo Keeper

Started by TrekMD, March 27, 2020, 14:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

PatmanQC brings us the history of another Taito classic, Zoo Keeper.  I actually don't remember ever seeing this game in my local arcade and only learned about it decades later.  Can't wait for the 2600 port that's coming of this game!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TrekMD

Figured I'd post on this thread as Zoo Keeper was just released for the 2600 and it looks awesome...

ninjamaster

Funny videos! Thanks I didn't Know about Atari 2600 game

PatmanQC

Quote from: TrekMD on July 11, 2021, 20:24:10 PM
Figured I'd post on this thread as Zoo Keeper was just released for the 2600 and it looks awesome...

It is absolutely amazing with those guys are able to pull out of the 2600

PatmanQC

Quote from: ninjamaster on July 13, 2021, 10:47:02 AM
Funny videos! Thanks I didn't Know about Atari 2600 game

Thanks a lot

ArcadeAction

2600 version is quite good. The main thing that stands out vs the arcade is that the 2600 does not rotate the character on the left and right sides of the screen. If they are going to do that, he maybe also shouldn't rotate on the bottom as it looks a bit off that way. Other than that, great port, and I have an original Zoo Keeper cabinet.

Pretty rocking game on the 2600. Just hoping the character rotation can be as per the original.

TrekMD

That video is not of the final version.  I'm not sure if that character movement got fixed on the final version of the game.

davyk

Never saw this in the arcade but played it in MAME. It's a nice game and that's an impressive looking port.