Author Topic: Tarzan: Lord of the Jungle - SNES Finally Available!  (Read 268 times)

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
Tarzan: Lord of the Jungle - SNES Finally Available!
« on: October 27, 2019, 19:51:17 PM »

After years of only seeing a few screenshots of the game, the unreleased Tarzan: Lord of the Jungle for the SNES is now finally available. This ROM came directly from Jim Grundell, the programmer who lead the project during development.

There are two ROMs of Tarzan, one using original code, and one including a button fix (read more about that below). Both can be downloaded here.

Details

Tarzan: Lord of the Jungle was a planned title to be published by GameTek. Based on the fictional character by Edgar Rice Burroughs, the game was slated for a 1994 release date alongside versions for the Game Boy and Sega Game Gear.

Tarzan was designed as “multi-level side-scrolling action game,” where Tarzan must overcome obstacles to rescue Jane from the African jungle.

Read the full article here:  Gaming Alexandria

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Tarzan: Lord of the Jungle - SNES Finally Available!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 21:19:58 PM »
Excellent, thanks for sharing Trek.

Anyone played it yet?
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
Re: Tarzan: Lord of the Jungle - SNES Finally Available!
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 01:26:59 AM »
I've downloaded it but I have not played it.  I need an emulator for the SNES or maybe I can try it on the Retron 5 with an SD card.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk