The Analogue Pocket

Started by TrekMD, October 17, 2019, 02:46:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Not sure if anyone has seen this but definitely worth looking at...The Analogue Pocket!

A multi-video-game-system portable handheld. A digital audio workstation with a built-in synthesizer and sequencer. A tribute to portable gaming. Out of the box, Pocket is compatible with the 2,780+ Game Boy, Game Boy Color & Game Boy Advance game cartridge library. Pocket works with cartridge adapters for other handheld systems, too. Like Game Gear. Neo Geo Pocket Color. Atari Lynx & more. Completely engineered in two FPGAs.  No emulation.

Learn more here:  https://www.analogue.co/pocket/

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

I did see it, and it's very cool. There's also a TV adapter being made to go along with this.

Too expensive for me though. If I got one I would want all the add-ons. They haven't said how much the TV out box or the other console adapters are but the base unit is $200 alone so I can just imagine what the total would be!

TrekMD

Yes, the price on this is not cheap.  The add-ons will certainly add on that.  Still a fascinating bit of hardware.

davyk

I'm not a handheld person but this multi-in-1 affair looks great. If the screen is nice and sharp I could be tempted. The NeoGeo Pocket and Lynx compatibilty would attract me more than anything else.

zapiy

Looks really cool, certainly one to watch at this point.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

It will also have an adapter that lets you use it on your TV, which I think is great as a feature to let you play these games on a larger screen.  Having Lynx compatibility is a plus for me.

Shadowrunner

Pre-orders start next week for this. I would expect a pretty big demand and for them to sell out. If anyone wants one you better be early!

https://www.analogue.co/

I still think it's too expensive but it's tempting.

demongene

Im going to try and preorder one and the dock,300 not counting shipping.

zapiy

Let’s us know if you bag one.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC