New Atari Jaguar Homebrew - Saucer Wars

Started by TrekMD, September 21, 2019, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Wave 1 Games has released their latest title for the Atari Jaguar, Saucer Wars. The game is available in CD and cart formats and comes boxed with overlays and color manual. 

Here's a video review of the game.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

It looks pretty good, not sure anyone really makes the most of the Hardware though.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Cryptic33

Hmm, good? I think you are being diplomatically kind there. I’ve seen a video review of this latest title and the author really ripped into it. That, of course, is one mans view. From what I’ve seen of this title, it has a little promise in terms of concept but the whole thing looks very similar to the earlier Zombie and Food 64 titles in that it is a simple shoot em up. All that said, it is great that this chap is having a go at programming new titles for the Jag. However, wave one games do fall short of what others have produced in recent years. What this man needs is less production at expensive prices and more support in the form of testing, storyboards and dare I say mentoring by expert programmers. Then, his ideas can develop into more meaty titles that will excite the whole Jaguar community who will then be more willing to part with hard earned cash.
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

TrekMD

Here is another review that is rather candid about the game...

zapiy

Yeah, I guess I am all for supporting devs but there is a fine line between what is acceptable as a fully commercial product from a homebrewer.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

wave1games

Trek MD I'm curious to know if you have had a chance to try the game for yourself yet? If so Im wondering if you found it fun an enjoyable or if the experience was more like getting your wisdom teeth cut out with a rusty knife like that one reviewer seemed to describe it

zapiy

Hello and welcome, yes, what are your thoughts Trek?

wave1games

In the meantime the game is currently on sale for a limited time at my new JagDeals page. It won't stay this price for long so if anyone here is interested in checking it out first hand swing on over and grab it and currently it comes with a free Atari Jaguar T-Shirt
There is also another deal for Fast Food 64: Holiday Snacks where you get a free Atari Jaguar logo stocking filled with REAL holiday candies for just $40. This deal will be good through Christmas.

http://www.wave1games.net/jagdeals

TrekMD

I haven't had a chance to play it yet.  I've been traveling since I got the game and I'm about to go on vacation for 2 weeks on a cruise!  I'll try to play it before I leave! 

zapiy

You need more time in your life, do you fancy employing me to test your games lol.

TrekMD

If you know how to manufacture more time, let me know!  LOL

wave1games

Guess he didn't like it either. Oh well perhaps folks will enjoy JagZombies 2 and Space Invaders later this month instead...

zapiy

I am sure Trek will give honest feedback. I know he has been busy in recent times so lets see what he says.

TrekMD

Don't make assumptions, Jeffrey.  You know what they say of people who make assumptions.  I'm actually working on a review of the game (you can pick up your jaw from the floor now, Zap).  Given that I work nearly 70 hours a week (by yesterday I had already worked more than 40 hours) and I'm writing two other articles right now, it will be a few days before it is finished.  I would appreciate if you can provide me with some images that I can use on the review.  It would have been a surprise but you spoiled it.   :P

wave1games

Damn! I'm sorry! Also had no idea you worked that many hours! Sure I will shoot over some screenshots