PRGE 2019

Started by TrekMD, August 14, 2019, 01:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

PRGE is back this October and I'll be there!  This is such a fantastic event to attend every year.  I will be posting plenty of pictures once I get back from it.  I love meeting up with the programmers and chatting with them.  This year there are various guests that everyone should be familiar with:

Rich Adam:  He participated in the creation of original titles such as Missile Command and Gravitar.

Brian F. Colin:  Creator of such videogame classics as RAMPAGE, XENOPHOBE and GENERAL CHAOS.

David Crane:  One of the founders of Activision and best known as the designer of Pitfall!

Joe DeCuir: One of the original engineers at Atari, who helped design, build, and produce the Atari 2600.

And many others...

Also looking forward to the new homebrew releases for Atari and Intellivision.  Atari Age will have a huge booth and you can see what they'll be releasing here:  New AtariAge Releases at the 2019 Portland Retro Gaming Expo!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TrekMD

I'm traveling back from the event today.  Once I am home, I will get the pictures from the camera and set up an online album of the event.  As always, it was a fun event and I had the chance to meet a lot of folks from the forums and some of the video game celebrities who attended. 

Saturn

Awesome, looking fwd to this year's pics :)

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

It was awesome!  I'll have to post my loot later but, for now, here is the online photo album:  PRGE 2019

Here are some sample pictures...

Saturn

Those are absolutely amazing

TrekMD

TrekMD

Here is a video Brett Weiss made interviewing John Hancock about this Genesis collection, which was displayed by the National Video Game Museum at PRGE...

RPC_GAMES

Wow,great pics. I wish I was there. Maybe next year. :)

TrekMD

PRGE is earlier in the year in 2020.  It's the weekend of August 18, which may may it easier or more difficult for folks to attend. 

Greyfox

Some amazing titles there TrekMD, would love to be able to come over and set up a new display and play area with our BitmapSoft titles as we command more games. As of the moment writing this, there seems to be a massive influx of developers reaching out to us all wanting the BitmapSift label on their games. So it would be great to able to showcase these other than Atari Age robbing the lime light lol..of course their setup is fantastic also.

TrekMD

That is great news.  There's a chance Al may not be able to go next year with the Atari Age booth due to the change in date.  Having a BitmapSoft label would be cool to see at the event.

zapiy

Looks like you had an awesome time mate. Maybe one day we will pop over. Watch this space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

It was a blast!  They are doing it in August next year.  The weather will be better but I have to wonder about attendance as many vendors may not be able to go, including Atari Age.

poundlander

Almost had an Atari 2600 title present this year but John Hancock decided to not come as a vendor.

Pretty bummed about that.  There's always next year, though!
Please check out my party favors at https://theloon.itch.io/
Downloadable Atari 2600 games such as Upp Plus Plus, Nitebear on Sleepystreet, Stranglehand and more!